View Full Version : Which hosting provider would you recomend

04-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Recently i have found that my hosting service provide www.blacknight.com seems to be running really slow...

Can anyone suggest a good and cheap hosting provider?

I need one that can serve web pages extremely fast..

Thanks for your help

04-19-2010, 05:24 PM
I recommend Hostmonster (link in sig)

04-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Can anyone suggest a good and cheap hosting provider?

I need one that can serve web pages extremely fast..

you can get cheap quite easily, but cheap, good AND extremely fast? You're asking for a bit much aren't you? If you want fast then you have to pay. If you want extremely fast then you have to pay a bit more. Unfortunately, dedicated servers are the only way to make sure you're getting your bandwidth in my opinion.

code beginner
04-22-2010, 01:28 AM
dedicated server. that means all of *your* stuff is in active ram. with shared hosting, your files may be slow or fast, depending if your files are in ram or not at the moment.

04-22-2010, 09:05 AM
It's difficult to find a cheap shared host that is very fast for the few dollars per month they charge. The ones that are only a few dollars per month need to pack in a lot of accounts on 1 server just to pay for it, not to mention make a profit. Generally, the more spendy packages they can pay for the cost of the server with much fewer accounts, but some of these put too many on a server too.

It would be hard to recommend a perfect host with cheap prices. One person has good luck with the cheap ones, and the next has terrible luck and problems. I would consider spending a little more on a host that doesn't pack them in there or has a lower ratio number of accounts per server.

04-22-2010, 10:05 AM
I use this host: https://www.siteground.com/friends.htm
They cost $9.95 a year and have 'Unlimited' hosting. I've never gone over any limits and it seems reasonably fast to me. Check it out

04-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Hostgator for websites $9.95, never any problems,support fast and good
vaazar for video hosting $15, also support in under 24h,hosting great

04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
I agree about HostGator.