View Full Version : Color Creator

Grant Palin
05-03-2003, 06:05 AM
I am aware of Morgoth's recent thread about his color-creating program. I happened to be working on a similar program at the same time, and have a compiled version available. If you are interested, please download it, try it out, and post your comments.

<edit>Added the picture for quick viewing</edit>

05-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Pretty much the same really, and you did use VB too... not much that can be said that is different to what was said at Morgoth's thread.

Grant Palin
05-03-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by ionsurge
... and you did use VB too...

:eek: How did you guess???

05-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Grant Palin
:eek: How did you guess???

Because you didn't change the icon for the form from the VB default.

Grant Palin
05-03-2003, 08:45 PM
Oh,,,right. Dead giveaway.

05-04-2003, 01:32 AM
lol not just that, the position bars are a give away too.

05-04-2003, 01:39 AM
That's interesting. How about enabling copying of the hex code or a copy to clipboard button?

05-04-2003, 09:19 AM
Color Cop (http://www.datastic.com/tools/colorcop/proposal.php) is a nice little (free) application with lots of features...

Grant Palin
05-05-2003, 05:27 AM
I've updated to ColorCreator 1.1

-I replaced the scrollbars with little arrows beside the red, green, and blue textboxes, which you can use to change the values in the textboxes.
-Removing the scrollbars allowed me to make the from smaller, so it takes up less screen space.
-Added a new icon to the program, so it doesn't have the default VB icon.
-Replaced the RGB, Long, and Hex labels with textboxes, so those values can be selected and copied. However, you cannot edit these boxes.
-Changed the color of the textboxes so they stand out a bit.
-I was having trouble with generating the hex color value, but the problem is fixed now.

Things to be done
-Allow user to directly input the red, green, and blue values into those textboxes, instead of having to use the arrows to adjust those values.
-Maybe allow the user to input a hex number, and have the color update according to the input.

Please try the new program (I've attached it to this post), or at least have a look at the screenshot, and let me know what you think of it now.

<edit>I can't get the image to appear here, so here's the link to the file</edit>

<edit>Okay, that doesn't work either. For some reason it keeps redirecting to this page. Here's a link to a page with the picture in it.</edit>

05-05-2003, 05:41 AM
no workie, produces an error, someting to do with MSCOMCT2.OSX :confused:

Grant Palin
05-05-2003, 06:23 AM
ColorCreator 1.3

Fixed the problem about a missing file. I had used an external library in making the program, but I changed it so I don't have to use that library. It should work now.

-Same as before