View Full Version : Sub domain or subfolder which is more SEO friendly?
04-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I am little bit confuse on sub domain and sub folder, which is the best choice.
1. My website all ready have page rank 2 .Now I want create some more section in details. Should I go for sub domain or sub folder? Which one is better?
2. My another question is did my present page rank will follow in all my sub domain or I have to promote individually all sub domains and what is case in case of sub folder ?
3. What you thing which is easy to remember sub domain or sub folder from the point of view of visitor?
Thanks in advance.
04-09-2010, 08:38 AM
I was reading about this recently....I don't think there's much difference with the search engines, although a sub domain can be treated as a separate domain, whereas a sub folder will always be associated with the same domain. <- this affects the pagerank as well.
sub domain vs sub folder for a visitor....i think it depends on the situation, what the domain name is, what the folder/sub domain will be called & your reason for wanting to do this in the first place.
1. There isn't really much of a difference SEO wise, google isn't going to rank sub.domain.com/file.html any differently than domain.com/sub/file.html
2. Page Rank, as the name suggests, is for each page. Every page on every site has a different page rank
3. For me, both are the same to be honest
04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Personally, I'd go with a sub-folder, and keep your SE link juice flowing within the main site.
06-06-2010, 09:58 PM
There you go mate, straight from the horse's mouth! :)
06-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Sub domain and sub folder in my opinion would be ranked the same way, I'm no SEO expert but I've not seen any difference in google rankings when it comes to such things.
01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
I have to agree with with Matt on that :D
and as mentioned above the SE link juice stays within the site.
So forget about sub domains if your worried about SEO.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.