View Full Version : E-mail client and FTP

gorgon2k
03-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey guys, new here, web student from Philadelphia. Ok so I haven't had any formal PHP or MySql/server side database education but i've been sifting through alot of info and picking up on it. Here's what i'm trying to do.

I'm trying to create a personal site that will basically allow a select user to login in and access email assigned through the hosting. say.. if i login i can access my email (ex. me@123.com) or if someone else logs in they can get theirs. basically it will need some sort of email client I guess? also it's going to be a site where we can upload and share file because we do alot of graphical stuff and trade files etc. for print but are never around each other. I have the upload part done, but I'm curious about the email. Is it doable? any links or insight would be appreciated! thanks

tomws
03-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Not sure how this is specifically MySQL. Might have been better placed in General Web Building.

You wouldn't need an email client - that's what you're talking about building. Yes, it's doable. See Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

I'm not sure really how useful something like this would be since webmail and web file storage are well established, but it could be done.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum