View Full Version : Learn to ******* spell

tomws
03-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Never mind creating the most mind-blowing web experience imaginable, if there's an obvious spelling mistake in the middle of it, your credibility drops dramatically.

http://iampaddy.com/spell/

Dormilich
03-29-2010, 08:40 PM
I wonder if I should show that to Fou-Lu …

tomws
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, I thought about calling out his your/you're issues, but figured I'd leave it to someone else. :p

tomws
03-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Here's an extra one: Ten words you need to stop misspelling (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling)

Every time you spell it this way, a dolphin gets run over by a jet ski.

Fou-Lu
03-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Well, I thought about calling out his your/you're issues, but figured I'd leave it to someone else. :p

Gramatical spellchecker don't exist in IE I'm afraid. Your all going to have to live with my bad spelln and gramir.

Needed to change 'You're' to the proper 'Your'
:D

Dormilich
03-29-2010, 08:55 PM
I like the drawing.

word #11: necessary

in a perfect world, there’d also be typographical apostrophes and quotation marks.

tomws
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Gramatical spellchecker don't exist in IE I'm afraid. Your all going to have to live with my bad spelln and gramir.

I'd blame it on IE, too. ;)

Fou-Lu
03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Hah, its funny though. No really it is, I didn't even cover the proper use of an apostrophe until I was in college. I kid you not, this content was not covered in my elementary or secondary classes. Meh, I guess by the time you're 25 you just don't really care when you realize you've done it wrong all along. Glad I wasn't taking english at that point O.o

MattF
03-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Hah, its funny though. No really it is, I didn't even cover the proper use of an apostrophe until I was in college. I kid you not, this content was not covered in my elementary or secondary classes. Meh, I guess by the time you're 25 you just don't really care when you realize you've done it wrong all along. Glad I wasn't taking english at that point O.o

We used to have it drummed into us from infant school onwards, back when teachers used to give a monkeys regarding correct use of the English language.

Dormilich
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Hah, its funny though. No really it is, I didn't even cover the proper use of an apostrophe until I was in college. I kid you not, this content was not covered in my elementary or secondary classes.

I can’t remember having much of the “advanced” grammar in school either (admittedly, apostrophes never played a key role in my life)

Apostropartheid
03-29-2010, 10:49 PM
You called? No? Okay then *sulks dejectedly*

MattF
03-30-2010, 05:17 PM
You called? No? Okay then *sulks dejectedly*

You actually need to be invited for there to be a reason to get the soapbox out? :D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum