View Full Version : Negative karma due to grudges

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 12:21 AM
So I have really bad Reputation on here due to a few people hating my guts. So they continue to lower me.

I've been helping people for years on here, I have many thanks from people and continue to get them.

I've gotten yelled at for things such as these:

-Stop posting unhelpful information, you do this in every thread (by moderator)

-You don't even know how to code, shut up (Been coding 4 languages for 4 years)

-Every post I see you make is really stupid and not needed, you need to leave the forum (Regular member)

If one argument happened, they will continued to bring you down as long as you remain on this forum. I wish I could start over with a new name on here, but look at my post count and thanks, I don't want to build it up all over again. I've completed many dozens of posts from people and answered their questions, and asked a few myself.

ALSO once someone gets an attitude, a half dozen more join in and drop your reputation to the ground. We need a way to hide our reputation or disable it when it's abused.

oracleguy
03-28-2010, 01:11 AM
-Stop posting unhelpful information, you do this in every thread (by moderator)

-You don't even know how to code, shut up (Been coding 4 languages for 4 years)

-Every post I see you make is really stupid and not needed, you need to leave the forum (Regular member)

How do you know if it was a moderator or not? Looking at your rep, no staff members have given you rep one way or the other. And no one signed their name in the rep comments either. No one told you to leave the forum. And no one told you to shut up. Don't paraphrase/sensationalize comments if you are going to post them.

If one argument happened, they will continued to bring you down as long as you remain on this forum. I wish I could start over with a new name on here, but look at my post count and thanks, I don't want to build it up all over again. I've completed many dozens of posts from people and answered their questions, and asked a few myself.

The reputation system won't let someone keep giving one person reputation (be it positive or negative). It will tell them they need to give rep to other people before they can do it again.

ALSO once someone gets an attitude, a half dozen more join in and drop your reputation to the ground. We need a way to hide our reputation or disable it when it's abused.

I can't see which posts the reps are tied to but I only see one case where that might have happened, back in June of 2009 and it was 3 people.

Excavator
03-28-2010, 01:50 AM
Hello masterofollies,
Surely you mis-remember! Maybe you're thinking of a different board?
It's rare that any flaming goes on here for more than a couple posts at the longest, and then it's usually someone telling someone to stop exactly the kind of post you're describing.

I think anyone that actually tells someone they're stupid and need to leave the forum needs to have a talk with a moderator about manners.

Can you hunt down those threads and post a link so we can see them?

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 02:12 AM
@oracle - Don't accuse me. I recently posted correct codes in a thread to someone, and one of the moderators replied trying to make me look stupid and to stop posting unhelpful information and that I keep doing it.

What was the problem? The problem was, I didn't do all of the work and make my coding fit into his coding. I posted it and said it needs to be customized. It was exactly what the guy needed, but I didn't take the time to change every letter and every comma to meet his script. So the moderator flips out at me.

I have been told to leave the forum in the past, sometime last year. I know what is said to me. I need to keep better track of things, I am now going to keep screenshots of things, ex-specially things said by moderators.

So don't accuse me of paraphrase/sensationalize comments. Ask me to define what I am talking about, to give you more information.

I never posted this topic to start any kind of argument, I was merely posting that I was sick of having a bad reputation on this forum, and wish it were different.

@Excavator - It's been going on for years, I don't know where to look. I just need to keep better track of things. From now on I will bookmark and screenshot stuff.

I mean look at my infractions. The flaming one was reversed, because people attacked me, and I defended myself which I should have ignored them, but it was reversed because it wasn't my fault.

oracleguy
03-28-2010, 03:45 AM
I need to keep better track of things, I am now going to keep screenshots of things, ex-specially things said by moderators.

Save links to the threads/posts instead of screenshots. A lot easier to just send someone a link than a screenshot.

So don't accuse me of paraphrase/sensationalize comments. Ask me to define what I am talking about, to give you more information.

You were specifically talking about your reputation, so I assumed those comments were in regards to your reputation. Which is why I didn't ask you to define what you were talking about, your original post seemed pretty clear. If you in fact received those as posted replies to your posts, I retract what I said about sensationalizing.

drhowarddrfine
03-28-2010, 02:02 PM
@masteroffolloies,
Don't worry about it. It means nothing. You'll get downvoted because some people don't want to hear the truth. They like to be led around by their noses and do what everybody else does. If you call a spade a spade someone will downvote you whether they know what they're talking about or not and there's nothing anyone can or will do about it. Some people get upvoted cause they said they like butterflies and long walks on the beach.

Just a couple days ago, someone said something technically outrageous and unhelpful on another board. I called the guy out on it but was downgraded and my post deleted, not for what I said, but because I directed it at that person. The mod told me he had even PM'ed that poster a warning for doing that. iow, the mod PM'ed him saying essentially the same thing I posted but I received the black mark.

So I pay no attention to such things and just now noticed I have the same rep as you. I don't know anything about your postings but, as Einstein said:

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Save links to the threads/posts instead of screenshots. A lot easier to just send someone a link than a screenshot.

You were specifically talking about your reputation, so I assumed those comments were in regards to your reputation. Which is why I didn't ask you to define what you were talking about, your original post seemed pretty clear. If you in fact received those as posted replies to your posts, I retract what I said about sensationalizing.

Only problem with saving links is that the posts can be altered. Like if a moderator was in trouble, he/she could edit it to look like the other person was in the wrong.

MattF
03-28-2010, 03:34 PM
@oracle - Don't accuse me. I recently posted correct codes in a thread to someone, and one of the moderators replied trying to make me look stupid and to stop posting unhelpful information and that I keep doing it.

What was the problem? The problem was, I didn't do all of the work and make my coding fit into his coding. I posted it and said it needs to be customized. It was exactly what the guy needed, but I didn't take the time to change every letter and every comma to meet his script. So the moderator flips out at me.

Drama queen. :D You're way too sensitive mate. I can remember that one and he didn't try to make you look stupid. He merely told you to stop posting reference code, (which did bear absolutely no resemblance to the O.P's existing code, might I add), without mentioning the fact that it was just reference code and would need utterly modifying to suit the O.P's needs.

Edit: Just noticed. I must be getting subtle and/or slipping in my old age. Mine is actually a positive value. Must try harder to be completely tactless. :D

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Drama queen. :D You're way too sensitive mate. I can remember that one and he didn't try to make you look stupid. He merely told you to stop posting reference code, (which did bear absolutely no resemblance to the O.P's existing code, might I add), without mentioning the fact that it was just reference code and would need utterly modifying to suit the O.P's needs.

Edit: Just noticed. I must be getting subtle and/or slipping in my old age. Mine is actually a positive value. Must try harder to be completely tactless. :D

You are in a way calling me names I.E. attacking me. I am just having a discussion, no need to get upset.

Sometimes I fully code scripts for people, sometimes I post things from the PHP Manual. At times it's better to let them learn on their own or they will never learn and depend on help the rest of their life (I know people like this such as Johnathan). If they don't understand after I posted something, then I am inclined to help them by doing it for them.

MattF
03-28-2010, 05:33 PM
You are in a way calling me names I.E. attacking me. I am just having a discussion, no need to get upset.

Now see, that's exactly what I mean. You are way too dramatic. Seriously, you really do need to either loosen up or the only way your sensibilities won't be offended is if you never go online or speak to anyone ever again. There's neither need nor reason to be so sensitive.

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 06:30 PM
I just told you to stop calling me names, I defend myself, and you keep going. Whats going to happen next? A moderator is going to delete my post and give me an infraction because I asked you to stop.

MattF
03-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I haven't called you any name(s).

Edit: I'm assuming you think my mentioning that you seem to be a bit of a drama queen is 'name calling'?

oracleguy
03-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Only problem with saving links is that the posts can be altered. Like if a moderator was in trouble, he/she could edit it to look like the other person was in the wrong.

I seriously doubt any of the moderators here would do that. That would be pretty unethical. Besides if they did go back and edit posts, vB keeps all the older versions of a post and lets you go back and look at each revision. It will even diff versions of the posts for you.

On the other side of the coin, the problem with screenshots is the same, they can be easily altered or faked. Not that I am suggesting you'd do that but it could be done.

Is there a particular thread that motivated you to start this thread? A specific example could be helpful.

Apostropartheid
03-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Like oracle said, moderators can see deleted posts, even if they're by moderators. Posts are also versioned, so we can check every single edit if need be. These are very serious accusations you're throwing about and require hard evidence for us to action.

Please note that in MattF's comment, the offending word was followed up by an image which indicates that he was joking.

Excavator
03-28-2010, 08:52 PM
The written word is harder to get meanings across than the spoken word. Body language, tone, inflection and lots other input all help the spoken word be interpreted much easier than the written word. Little things that most people take as a joke may bother others though it does seem like some people just decide to be offended no matter what is said or how it’s worded.

Rather than asking why people are attacking you, maybe you should question why these apparently small offenses are bothering you so much masterofollies. I would still like to see the thread where anyone told you to shut up or leave the forum.

One thing I know, you will have no joy trying to change how people treat you. The only thing you can do is modify your reaction to how you are treated.

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 09:27 PM
I seriously doubt any of the moderators here would do that. That would be pretty unethical. Besides if they did go back and edit posts, vB keeps all the older versions of a post and lets you go back and look at each revision. It will even diff versions of the posts for you.

On the other side of the coin, the problem with screenshots is the same, they can be easily altered or faked. Not that I am suggesting you'd do that but it could be done.

Is there a particular thread that motivated you to start this thread? A specific example could be helpful.

True screenshots can be altered with like photoshop, but I don't have the software and I am a complete newbie at graphics. But some people who are good at it might do it.

It isn't just one thread, it's just a build up of many things together over the years. Drives me insane. But I am still loyal and continue to come back and help people.

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Like oracle said, moderators can see deleted posts, even if they're by moderators. Posts are also versioned, so we can check every single edit if need be. These are very serious accusations you're throwing about and require hard evidence for us to action.

Please note that in MattF's comment, the offending word was followed up by an image which indicates that he was joking.

It isn't an accusation, it happened a couple months ago, and if I had saved the link I could prove it to you. However I didn't save the link, but will next time. I know all of you will defend each other against me, but it happened, and I might add that it was a first time.

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 09:31 PM
The written word is harder to get meanings across than the spoken word. Body language, tone, inflection and lots other input all help the spoken word be interpreted much easier than the written word. Little things that most people take as a joke may bother others though it does seem like some people just decide to be offended no matter what is said or how itís worded.

Rather than asking why people are attacking you, maybe you should question why these apparently small offenses are bothering you so much masterofollies. I would still like to see the thread where anyone told you to shut up or leave the forum.

One thing I know, you will have no joy trying to change how people treat you. The only thing you can do is modify your reaction to how you are treated.

Like I said previously, I am just having a discussion, I don't want any arguments on this topic. Hoping there is other people out there that are in the same boat. So we can talk about it.

Apostropartheid
03-28-2010, 09:37 PM
True screenshots can be altered with like photoshop, but I don't have the software and I am a complete newbie at graphics. But some people who are good at it might do it.

It isn't just one thread, it's just a build up of many things together over the years. Drives me insane. But I am still loyal and continue to come back and help people.

We can't just take your word for it, I'm afraid. Links, please.

It isn't an accusation, it happened a couple months ago, and if I had saved the link I could prove it to you. However I didn't save the link, but will next time. I know all of you will defend each other against me, but it happened, and I might add that it was a first time.

Accusations do not have a truth bias.

If you want, please do have a look through the posts from around that time period. If you remember the thread title, it'd be much easier. If you remember a phrase or anything, search it. Otherwise, we'll have to wait till one of these incidents crops up again.

And please do not speak about us like that. All mods are handpicked by WA and we take our positions seriously. If an allegation of misconduct crops up, we need to have concrete evidence to support it. Currently we have nothing but your word.

MattF
03-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Here's the thread where he was supposedly put down by a Mod, (Inigoesdr).

http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=191632

Personally, I still can't see how anyone on Earth could take offense at what was actually said.

Edit: This is the post in this thread which the thread above relates to:

http://codingforums.com/showpost.php?p=937738&postcount=4

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 11:24 PM
We can't just take your word for it, I'm afraid. Links, please.

Accusations do not have a truth bias.

If you want, please do have a look through the posts from around that time period. If you remember the thread title, it'd be much easier. If you remember a phrase or anything, search it. Otherwise, we'll have to wait till one of these incidents crops up again.

And please do not speak about us like that. All mods are handpicked by WA and we take our positions seriously. If an allegation of misconduct crops up, we need to have concrete evidence to support it. Currently we have nothing but your word.

Am I not clear enough? Sorry I said next time it happens I will save the link, but I didn't this time.

I will search for it, but can't promise I will be able to find it, as I post like 20 times a week on here. It isn't all moderators, it's only one. It's possible he had a bad day and didn't mean to say it, it's possible he meant it, I don't know.

masterofollies
03-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Here's the thread where he was supposedly put down by a Mod, (Inigoesdr).

http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=191632

Personally, I still can't see how anyone on Earth could take offense at what was actually said.

Edit: This is the post in this thread which the thread above relates to:

http://codingforums.com/showpost.php?p=937738&postcount=4

I wasn't too thrilled with Inigoesdr on that one. Made me look stupid to everyone on the forum, and that wasn't right. I posted very helpful information, I actually took the time to research and figure out the best way of doing it.

Do I get a thanks for trying? no. Do I get a sorry not what I was trying for? no. It was rude.

But I probably won't find the major one. But anyways this topic is getting way out of hand. A discussion has turned into everyone pissed off at me. The only person I respect on this forum is WA because he actually shows me respect and I show him respect back.

MattF
03-29-2010, 12:31 AM
A discussion has turned into everyone pissed off at me.

That is not how this thread has progressed at all. That is merely the opinion you have yourself. Take your signature, for example. It's almost as if you're trying to elicit responses, whether they be good or bad. Not one person has put you down, yet you cast aspersions without proof and point the finger of blame at others for merely responding.

_Aerospace_Eng_
03-29-2010, 01:58 AM
The only person I respect on this forum is WA because he actually shows me respect and I show him respect back.

Well there is your problem right there. How can you expect the same respect from others if you don't respect us? Seriously its just a forum, people say things you may not like, move on, don't fester on it. :rolleyes:

masterofollies
03-29-2010, 02:46 AM
I have asked everyone to chill out and have a discussion. But it's turned into drama.

@Aero, I haven't met anyone else on this forum other than WA and Fou-Lu who has shown me any respect. Fou-Lu and I don't talk anymore, because we aren't working on the same project anymore, so now it's just George. What a great guy! :thumbsup:

khaye
03-29-2010, 05:32 AM
Hi, I am new here. I really don't know what started it or what you're talking about. But what I am sure of is, you really cannot please anybody. By posting here or in any other forums you made yourself a target to bad or good comments, and you know that. You just have to take everything lightly. If you think what you did was the right one and they ignored it, it's their lost not yours. Criticism will always depend on how you take it. Just calm down

VIPStephan
03-29-2010, 02:02 PM
masterofollies, I do have to chime in and add my 2Ę, too, because I think the parties here are kind of talking at cross-purposes. Please donít take any of this as criticism but rather take it as informative advice or note that this is my personal analysis of the previous discussion. I just write this publicly because I want the others that are involved to take notice of this, too, to not talk behind their backs.

Firstly: Nobody hates you by default. When you think everybody is defending each other against you this is not true in most cases, itís what you interpret into the actions of the others (and again: this is no accusation, itís what I see from an outside point of view).

Secondly: I can just second what others have already said: Donít be too thin-skinned and take things too seriously here. Not everything someone says is meant to put you down or make you look stupid (just as the things I just say arenít meant to put you down but to clarify the situation). When MattF calls you a ďdrama queenĒ (and especially in combination with a smiley icon) you should take this as irony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony) or sarcasm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm), NOT as serious accusation. And when others see MattFís intention and defend him after you wrote that he should stop the accusations then itís not because everybody is against you. Itís just that you seem to misinterpret ironic statements as serious accusations. The others just try to clarify that, too, and you also interpret this as everybody hating you.

This is the part where both parties (you as ďprosecutorĒ and the others as ďdefendersĒ) start talking at cross-purposes. My objective observation is that you generally tend to see the glass half-empty as opposed to half-full and if others try to pour oil on troubled water you interpret this as conspiracy against you which is definitely not true. We all know each other just as little as you know everyone. Most if not all of us havenít met each other ever. So donít think weíre all getting together behind your back just to make you look stupid.

I can only second what others have said already: Loosen up a little and donít see things too negatively. Others donít necessarily see you as you see yourself. If you feel like being put down by a moderator other people reading this donít necessarily even notice this kind of cristicism or they forget it pretty quickly. Just keep on living your live and take advice as motivation to do things better each day, not as criticism. And, again, as others have said: You canít please anybody so donít even try, youíll just end being unhappy for your entire life. Some people like you, others donít. Thatís life. Youíre not responsible for the others, just for yourself. If someone doesnít like you because of something someone else said about you then this person isnít worth to be bothered about.

Life is too short to worry all day long.

masterofollies
03-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Back when I first started I got angry at people because I wasn't used to it. But since then I do fine. All of this is just a build up from over time.

I am just hoping this forum will have a better job of watching threads and seeing problems. If I post a code, and another guy says don't listen to him. Why just let it sit there? Now when that poster posts again in same thread or new one, he isn't going to want help from you, because of what that person said.

Little actions do make a big impact. I am not thin-skinned, if I was, I'd be very upset and all over you all for what you've said. But I don't because I am just trying to explain myself and my point of view. :)

Apostropartheid
03-29-2010, 06:46 PM
But I probably won't find the major one. But anyways this topic is getting way out of hand. A discussion has turned into everyone pissed off at me. The only person I respect on this forum is WA because he actually shows me respect and I show him respect back.

Given that you post complaining that people flame you and you get infracted for defending yourself, I find this deeply hypocritcal and offensive. I honestly think you need to take a deep breath and don't overanalyse what's said. We are a stitched-together community and we try to look after our own. Nobody is pissed at you, please don't read what is said like that. A curt reply doesn't mean somebody is angry. I may be slightly now, but that's because yor stood here and indirectly insulted both me and my friends of many years, not because I dislike you and find the need to insult you by default.

I think this thread is reaching closing point, though. Anything constructive which is going to be said already has.

Fumigator
03-29-2010, 07:14 PM
I would just like to point out that I really love you man. Yeah, you. All of you. But especially YOU. Take that to the bank, deposit it, 7 days later withdraw it and spend it on health insurance!

Also please resolve my jQuery problem (http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=192464), thank you :p

MattF
03-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I would just like to point out that I really love you man. Yeah, you. All of you.

That's me keeping my arse to the wall now. :D

masterofollies
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Given that you post complaining that people flame you and you get infracted for defending yourself, I find this deeply hypocritcal and offensive. I honestly think you need to take a deep breath and don't overanalyse what's said. We are a stitched-together community and we try to look after our own. Nobody is pissed at you, please don't read what is said like that. A curt reply doesn't mean somebody is angry. I may be slightly now, but that's because yor stood here and indirectly insulted both me and my friends of many years, not because I dislike you and find the need to insult you by default.

I think this thread is reaching closing point, though. Anything constructive which is going to be said already has.

WA cleared me of any wrong doing, doesn't that tell you something??????
He did say instead of defending myself I should have ignored the topic and just reported it, but someone else was the one breaking forum rules.

Please don't post here anymore, because you don't understand what I am saying, now you say you are getting angry, so who is thin-skinned?
This has turned into nothing but a he said she said thread.

masterofollies
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
I would just like to point out that I really love you man. Yeah, you. All of you. But especially YOU. Take that to the bank, deposit it, 7 days later withdraw it and spend it on health insurance!

Also please resolve my jQuery problem (http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=192464), thank you :p

Um...what?

Also jQuery isn't one of my known languages, I have no clue.

Apostropartheid
03-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't think you're guilty of anything at all, masterofollies! You're completely misunderstanding me. I believe you totally, but as I have stated it's regrettable that we don't have the thread you're talking about so we can take action on it. I keep posting because you seem to think that everyone's ganging against you and I don't want anybody to come off like that and render you more upset but it seems there's a communications error between us which keeps compounding.

I was slightly (please note emphasis) annoyed because it was blatantly hypocritical and offensive. I'm sorry. This will probably be a good point to let it die.

WA
03-29-2010, 10:58 PM
This is one of those interpersonal situations that's very difficult to rule on as far as who's in the right and wrong, if anyone at all. Lets just take this thread (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=191632), one of the contentious threads, as an example. For the more sensitive, what Inigoesdr posted could be viewed as dismissive of what masterofollies had posted earlier, even being a little rude. But to many others, Inigoesdr was just getting straight to the point with the limited time or energy he had, dispensing of some of the usual pleasantries. In his mind he most likely wasn't trying to come off as rude or to embarrass anyone at all, but to someone more sensitive, it can be misinterpreted as that. So who's at fault here? Nobody IMO. All of us should be allowed to have and express some of our personality when posting online, even on a technical forum like CF. Whenever we do that, it opens up the door for possible misinterpretation of what we say based on how we say it. As long as the intent wasn't malicious, I think it's up to the recipient who found it offensive then to try and come to terms with that. There is such a thing as too much diplomacy and formality, and it gets in the way of constructive discussions a lot of times.

For issues on subtle emotions and inferences very much open to interpretation, I think taking any action would be micro managing things to the detriment of members being able to be themselves (while still being courteous and polite). For masterofollies, I do sympathize with what you genuinely feel as some people singling you out; this thread if nothing else hopefully will get people to be more aware of the varying sensitivity levels of different people, and the need to take that into account when posting. But I don't believe any "crime" has been committed here.

masterofollies
03-29-2010, 11:44 PM
this thread if nothing else hopefully will get people to be more aware of the varying sensitivity levels of different people, and the need to take that into account when posting. But I don't believe any "crime" has been committed here.

That's really all I wanted. I am not used to people saying things like that to me on forums. I am on over a dozen forums, and only have problems on one other. At least 10 of them never a problem.

I just get excited when I help someone, and when someone destroys that feeling, it really hurts. Like I never got angry in this thread, I am chill, but it's just annoying from what has been said. Such as drama queen, I am a man, and I am not trying to create any drama. Might as well call me a drag queen, same thing to me.

But yes it'd be great if people were aware of what they say, and what impact it has on other people. You may be outspoken and being rude is who you are. But to some people it's very hurtful.

oracleguy
03-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Like I never got angry in this thread, I am chill, but it's just annoying from what has been said. Such as drama queen, I am a man, and I am not trying to create any drama.

As said before by Apostropartheid and VIPStephan, that was clearly a joke. That is why the emoticon was after it. It sounds like you saw that and took the rest of MattF's post has hostility when it was the exact opposite.

But yes it'd be great if people were aware of what they say, and what impact it has on other people. You may be outspoken and being rude is who you are. But to some people it's very hurtful.

It is a two way street, you have to treat others the way you want to be treated. Saying you don't respect anyone but WA and then asking for respect from everyone else is rather hypocritical. And so you don't misunderstand what I saying, I am not being mean nor am I pissed, I am just attempting to convey how your post looked to me (and I imagine others).

masterofollies
03-30-2010, 03:07 AM
I try to be friendly to everyone on here, until they decided to have a fit. Then things change.

Fumigator
03-30-2010, 04:25 AM
What about drama king then? :rolleyes:

Rowsdower!
03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Ok, in all honesty this isn't the first time you have started a thread like this and as I read over this (partial re-hash of the last time around (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=170344)) I begin to wonder if this is simply trolling rather than a real issue. It's an honest observation, but you seem to feed on it and expand your argument with each reply and then post something abrasive seemingly in an effort to try to get a reaction out of everyone else involved. This is basically textbook trolling in my opinion.

That said, if you actually aren't trolling then the tone and content of your posts here seem (at least to a layman such as myself) to point toward one of several serious (http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder-fact-sheet/index.shtml) psychological (http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx37.htm) disorders (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/paranoid-schizophrenia/DS00862/DSECTION=symptoms). I'm not trying to be mean but I'm not joking either. Read through the symptoms and see if this is a more pervasive theme in your life. If you are serious about all that you have written here, if these are honest responses and a genuine catalog of your emotions to what others have written then - with all of the love in the world - I would seriously recommend that you look into having a visit with a professional therapist.

There is no shame in it if this is what you need, but the responses and reactions you are displaying are simply not healthy. People should not be forced to bend over backwards and preface every comment with a qualifier just to keep you from flying off the handle.

masterofollies
03-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Ok, in all honesty this isn't the first time you have started a thread like this and as I read over this (partial re-hash of the last time around (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=170344)) I begin to wonder if this is simply trolling rather than a real issue. It's an honest observation, but you seem to feed on it and expand your argument with each reply and then post something abrasive seemingly in an effort to try to get a reaction out of everyone else involved. This is basically textbook trolling in my opinion.

That said, if you actually aren't trolling then the tone and content of your posts here seem (at least to a layman such as myself) to point toward one of several serious (http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder-fact-sheet/index.shtml) psychological (http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx37.htm) disorders (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/paranoid-schizophrenia/DS00862/DSECTION=symptoms). I'm not trying to be mean but I'm not joking either. Read through the symptoms and see if this is a more pervasive theme in your life. If you are serious about all that you have written here, if these are honest responses and a genuine catalog of your emotions to what others have written then - with all of the love in the world - I would seriously recommend that you look into having a visit with a professional therapist.

There is no shame in it if this is what you need, but the responses and reactions you are displaying are simply not healthy. People should not be forced to bend over backwards and preface every comment with a qualifier just to keep you from flying off the handle.

This really was uncalled for. Saying I have mental problems.

I've visited a therapist before, and was told I am in perfect health. So yeah nothing wrong with me.

Rowsdower!
03-30-2010, 03:09 PM
This really was uncalled for. Saying I have mental problems.

I've visited a therapist before, and was told I am in perfect health. So yeah nothing wrong with me.

I don't think it is uncalled-for if you're exhibiting symptoms. I am not qualified (at all) to diagnose you, but from what I see it looks like the warning signs might be there.

If you have been to the dentist once and had no cavities that doesn't mean you shouldn't go back for a checkup if you develop a toothache. Similarly, if you have been to a therapist before and things were fine that doesn't mean you'll never need to go back.

Anyway, that's the last I'll comment on this thread. Best of luck to you and to all.

masterofollies
03-30-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't have any mental problems, nor did any of my family. So please stop accusing me.

Apparently you can cuss anyone out and treat them like a dirt and they are suppose to take it, but if it hurts, then they have mental problems.

VIPStephan
03-30-2010, 03:57 PM
I don’t think this discussion is getting any better. I think nothing that anybody says would make masterofollies change his opinion, it would only add to the deadlocked situation. Let’s just keep on with our business. If you feel uncomfortable, masterofollies, then you’re free to go wherever you feel better. It would certainly be sad to lose a helpful contributor but you aren’t making us feel better if you accuse us of accusing you and you don’t feel better if we try to analyze the situation which you understand as we all teaming up against you.

So, let’s just be happy and go on or leave and be happy.

oracleguy
03-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I donít think this discussion is getting any better. I think nothing that anybody says would make masterofollies change his opinion, it would only add to the deadlocked situation. Letís just keep on with our business. If you feel uncomfortable, masterofollies, then youíre free to go wherever you feel better. It would certainly be sad to lose a helpful contributor but you arenít making us feel better if you accuse us of accusing you and you donít feel better if we try to analyze the situation which you understand as we all teaming up against you.

So, letís just be happy and go on or leave and be happy.

I completely agree. And for the sake of everyone, I am going to close this thread now.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum