View Full Version : Updating a date-picker drop-down list?

EdNerd
03-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I'd like to have a drop-down list of available dates on my web site. The date-picker would be in a form. When a customer submits the form and I receive it, I would research and confirm or renegotiate the date. The submittal will come to both my email and to the SMS text messsenger on my phone.

I know how to code a drop-down full of dates. I think I can bust through JavaScript to run down a list of available dates and create and array to populate the control. So I'm okay there (as far as I know!).

What I'm wondering about is updating the list to remove a confirmed date so another customer can't try to schedule it. I'd love it if there was an easy way to simply send a text from my phone with the confirmed date and have some script automatically update the list.

At the other end of automation, I can see having a simple text-based list of available dates that gets scanned for the initial array, and I would have to use my phone's mobile browser and the web site control panel to manually delete a confirmed date.

Is there an easy way in between these two? If someone can elighten me, I'd really appreciate it!

Ed

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum