View Full Version : domain help

cartboy
03-14-2010, 07:38 AM
hello,

i have a quick question. i have an account with bluehost. so, i registered a domain with them because i wanted to make sure i got it. now, having registered an account with godaddy, im being told that i can't transfer the domain because it's "too-new". Is there anyway around this? Is there a way where I can keep the domain registered at bluehost but have the hosting at godaddy?

ajetrumpet
03-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Is there a way where I can keep the domain registered at bluehost but have the hosting at godaddy?

absolutely not, but i'm guessing of course. these guys are competitors aren't they? that's impossible.

godaddy advertises domain transfers. they should be able to do it anyway.

ffmast
03-15-2010, 09:01 AM
You surely can.
Get the nameservers from godaddy (i don't know exactly, but they are probably something like ns.godaddy.com , ns2.godaddy.com. You can surely find them in your control panel) , and enter them in your bluehost control panel:
Domain Manager, select your domain,when a new panel in the right side opens: select "name servers". Select "Custom" , and enter godaddy's nameservers there (luckily for you, i have bluehost account, and can walk you through it :)

ffmast
03-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Ah, yes.
And then wait for about 2days till the changes take effect.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum