View Full Version : How to promote a new forum? any suggestions?

bestdeveloper
03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey folks! I have a question. Everybody today are talking about website or blog promotion and widespreading tips about how to promote ur website, blog, ect. But how to promote in proper way a new forum, huh? Any tips are highly appreaciated.:thumbsup:

Thanks

mlseim
03-09-2010, 07:41 PM
It depends on what the forum is about.

Is it something unique, or another "coding" or "programming forum"?
There are a gazillion of those ...

If your forum has valuable information, and enough moderators to delete spammers,
and enough people interested, it will grow by word-of-mouth.

If your forum is like 1 million other forums, not much you can do except sit there by yourself.

bestdeveloper
03-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Okay, this forum is for people who somehow connected with webmarketing. Members may post their advertisements, links, emails and everything just in order to send their goods, get some useful info and tell whole world about their on-line business. It dont has a very strict rules for posting, its really open for everyone. Put its quite "yang" and I would like to know how to promote it and to get more members, I hardly believe it will grow by wor-of-mouth without any strategy and promotion action.

thank you

mlseim
03-10-2010, 02:23 PM
How about this idea ...

Here's a list of a million or so other web marketing forums:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=web+marketing+forums&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=3d121c88310e67e3

Look at a few of them, and see what kind of discussions they have.
Maybe they have thoughts and ideas on how to promote your forum.

Then, you can add your web marketing forum to the other 56 million of them on Google.

bestdeveloper
03-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Thank you for a good advice! I appreaciate it and I think I will try this, cuz I dont see any other way to succeed in webforum promotion.

Best regards

kimgr
03-16-2010, 03:13 PM
How about this idea ...

Here's a list of a million or so other web marketing forums:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=web+marketing+forums&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=3d121c88310e67e3

Look at a few of them, and see what kind of discussions they have.
Maybe they have thoughts and ideas on how to promote your forum.

Then, you can add your web marketing forum to the other 56 million of them on Google.
thank you

BubikolRamios
03-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Ok, to tell you two facts that I lerned (having thorough visit stats) in 4 months since I siriously started web page:

1.when visitor comes to your site, looking for for example 'daisy',he/she looks that daisy and goes away, only < 5% or lesss of all people looks other stuff that is there right in front of their nose. if you think a bit, you will see you are doing same thing.
2. having that in mind, and as already stated, there are a zilion similar forums around, I advise you to put some stuff on your site that will be searchable by search engines, forum will not fill itself by itself, you could fill it by some dummy users posts, but that will hardly get you anywhere.

nevin
03-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey folks! I have a question. Everybody today are talking about website or blog promotion and widespreading tips about how to promote ur website, blog, ect. But how to promote in proper way a new forum, huh? Any tips are highly appreaciated.:thumbsup:

Thanks

extremepullups
03-22-2010, 04:06 PM
SEO and advertising on other forums

bestdeveloper
03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Ok, thanks guys for advices, i appreciate it! I will try everything you meantioned.

Thanks once again:)

bancs
03-28-2010, 10:03 AM
I also want to build a new forum, maybe SEO is a best choice

csscoll
04-01-2010, 09:50 AM
You can use Twitter. But there are other great methods such as Facebook, YouTube, posting on other forums, social bookmarking, ad posting and link exchange.

element01
05-28-2010, 04:31 PM
I have started a few forums and found it really difficult to promote them! I usually end up with an empty forum until I get bored of trying and close it down, I am sure if you have ever created a forum you can relate.

Here are some hints & tips I found useful:

1. You must have good content! Have as few catagories/sub-forums as possible and post on the 'hot topics' to get more people involved.

2. You gotta have backlinks! This is a little more tricky, but having backlinks can bring your forum out of the darkness and plonk it on to the first page of Google. I have found a nice little website that will promote your forum for free and give you a permanent backlink which is nice.

his is not my website, but I have used it and I think it could help out anyone who wants to promote their forum:

How to promote a forum (http://www.forumtuner.com/)

bestdeveloper
06-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi, again guys hope this topic is still current for many here users here.
After that period of time, i can tell that promotion of webmaster forum and ecommerce websites is very difficult. the most easiest for promotion are blogs. The best way of blog promortion are directories, bookmarks, social networks.
As for forums and ecommerce websites promotion, it is riddle for me even now)) So if you have some new ideas or resources, let's share)

bestdeveloper
07-08-2011, 12:19 PM
any boy here? guys, please share how do you promote your websites? do you know any resources where i can find usefull info about website promotion?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum