View Full Version : How do we handle abuse?

masterofollies
03-01-2010, 03:24 AM
If you are posting for help on this forum, or are giving help to another person.

Sometimes people attack me, get smart with me, cuss at me, or tell me to stop posting on this forum because I am an idiot.

I always feel I need to stand up for myself and defend myself, and due to actions in the past a year or two ago, apparently we should never do this. Defending ourselves are against the rules for some reason.

So I ask you, what do we do? Let them talk trash? or just keep reporting the posts?

ffmast
03-01-2010, 05:56 AM
The best politics against posts, that call you "idiot" or alike, is complete and total ignore of the post.
This way the attacker will get offended, AND you can continue whatever you were talking about with the original poster.
Ah, and yes - the red report flag is there too.

Apostropartheid
03-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Report. If the offender is repeatedly attacking you, please take a note of the posts and talk to me or one of the other mods and we'll deal with it.

Spookster
03-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Report. If the offender is repeatedly attacking you, please take a note of the posts and talk to me or one of the other mods and we'll deal with it.

Unless of course the offender posts alot in the forums then they get special treatment by a certain someone (I won't mention any names but there are only 2 letters in their screen name) and then the rules don't specifically apply to the offender. :rolleyes:

MattF
03-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Just toughen up and brush it off? If we all had a quid for everytime we've gained another member for our "fan club", half of us would be retired and living in luxury by now.

MrEnder
03-18-2010, 03:06 PM
I duno I've been "deranked" quite a few times for simply asking questions and trying to learn. Like I have one "derank" reason set to as "Stop wasting our time by asking silly questions." ... like I don't think thats fare. The point of this site is to give and get help. Yet I work my butt off to have people annoyed with me? not really fare... My post was simply someone asked about regular expressions... I didn't know what regular expressions on so when it became a conversation I simply asked where regular expressions would be used... this is an offense apparently...

(sorta on the same topic)

sigh my rank bugs me I'm -16 mostly due to things from over 2 years ago when I first joined site and didnt know rules and was very new to JS not sure how to describe my problem as I didn't understand my problem well enough... =[ I made the mistake of titling something "well I have a disaster" and other stupid things like that

MattF
04-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Masterofollies, you put this crap in your sig and then wonder why people think you're a whinging arse. I wonder.

I don't talk to the following people. Because they are disrespectful.

oracleguy
Excavator
drhowarddrfine
MattF
Apostropartheid
_Aerospace_Eng_
VIPStephan
Fumigator
Rowsdower!
WA

PappaJohn
04-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Wow! Just a couple of days ago, WA was "a great guy"

VIPStephan
04-01-2010, 01:48 AM
That’s weird. I could have sworn masterofollies called me a respected member in another post, defending my action against someone else. And at the same time I’m on the list. Weird. And this list consists of many people I respect most on these forums. I guess we’re all on this list because we dared to stand up for ourselves in the latest argument.

MattF
04-01-2010, 02:12 AM
I guess we’re all on this list because we dared to stand up for ourselves in the latest argument.

It looks like he's just listed everyone who replied to that thread.

abduraooft
04-01-2010, 08:46 AM
It looks like he's just listed everyone who replied to that thread.
I'm in safe zone :D

VIPStephan
04-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I was just gonna say that masterofollies should pick the three most disrespected members to list in his signature since not more than four lines are allowed. But some admin already took care of that.

drhowarddrfine
04-01-2010, 12:58 PM
This board is for arguments. Abuse is down the hall.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum