View Full Version : www.party-fouls.com

dobber
02-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Hi everyone, I just started the site party-fouls.com and am looking for feedback.

I am in the process of having a simply banner and background made, but any suggestions on ads, ad placement, diction, etc?

I am also looking for marketing tips, thanks!

DannyBoy
02-11-2010, 02:25 AM
THAT'S A PRETTY COOL SITE :) :thumbsup::):D:cool:

dobber
02-11-2010, 10:30 PM
THAT'S A PRETTY COOL SITE :) :thumbsup::):D:cool:

thank you. Anything you would add to it or change? I tried changing the background, but everytime I change the image to a new background it only goes half way down. I don't know how to edit the CSS coding to extend it all the way

DannyBoy
02-12-2010, 04:11 AM
thank you. Anything you would add to it or change? I tried changing the background, but everytime I change the image to a new background it only goes half way down. I don't know how to edit the CSS coding to extend it all the way

Try fixing the image to the background
well im not expert:( but i think that would work :D

Fumigator
02-12-2010, 05:18 AM
Looks like you copied fmylife.com exactly. I think that's copyright infringement.

dobber
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Looks like you copied fmylife.com exactly. I think that's copyright infringement.

I bought a script with a license from fmyscript.com doesn't that make it not copyright infringement?

Fumigator
02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I bought a script with a license from fmyscript.com doesn't that make it not copyright infringement?

My bad :D

dobber
02-12-2010, 05:51 PM
My bad :D

that is right correct? If I purchase a clone script with a license I am fine? Just wanting to make sure...

I plan to create a new background and banner... but I webdesign is not my expertise.

Fumigator
02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
If you bought the script from the copyright owners of that other site then I doubt they would be concerned if you actually use what you bought.:p

Apostropartheid
02-12-2010, 11:59 PM
If you bought the script from the copyright owners of that other site then I doubt they would be concerned if you actually use what you bought.:p

I don't believe the copyright owners of fmylife.com are those of fmyscript.com. I don't think anybody holds copyright over function like this, though, because it's a lot like a Twitter feed, for instance. However, fmyscript would be in serious water should they become aware of its existence.

Fumigator
02-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't believe the copyright owners of fmylife.com are those of fmyscript.com. I don't think anybody holds copyright over function like this, though, because it's a lot like a Twitter feed, for instance. However, fmyscript would be in serious water should they become aware of its existence.

Ah, I jumped to the assumption fmyscript is legit. My bad, again.

dobber
02-13-2010, 01:40 AM
why is fmyscript not legit?

Apostropartheid
02-13-2010, 08:51 PM
They're imitating the name of an established mark, essentially earning off of their success.

dobber
02-13-2010, 08:57 PM
They're imitating the name of an established mark, essentially earning off of their success.

so what kind of risk am i at if i purchased an licensed script through them?

Apostropartheid
02-13-2010, 10:54 PM
so what kind of risk am i at if i purchased an licensed script through them?

To my knowledge, absolutely zero (IANAL).

ShaneC
02-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Chances are the people in trouble would be fmyscript.com, not you, as you can just say you bought it through legitimate channels.

Having said that if FMyScript gets sued you may have a cease and desist for copying there design exactly.

If I were you, to be on the safe side as well as setting your site apart from the rest, I'd change the style up to suit the feel of your site more.

dobber
02-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Chances are the people in trouble would be fmyscript.com, not you, as you can just say you bought it through legitimate channels.

Having said that if FMyScript gets sued you may have a cease and desist for copying there design exactly.

If I were you, to be on the safe side as well as setting your site apart from the rest, I'd change the style up to suit the feel of your site more.

Very true. I need to find someone to do that for me.

dobber
03-13-2010, 07:00 PM
new webdesign should be up in a couple days! I think you all will like it! We are very excited about it! Simple, yet stylish.

dobber
03-20-2010, 05:28 PM
bump, what do you guys think of new layout?

DarylJ
04-05-2010, 02:59 AM
I like the site, I too have purchased the FMyScript and altered it: http://www.realdamnfunny.com

Could you tell me how you got the rounded borders around your boxes? I can't find the right file to edit.

dobber
04-05-2010, 05:43 AM
I like the site, I too have purchased the FMyScript and altered it: http://www.realdamnfunny.com

Could you tell me how you got the rounded borders around your boxes? I can't find the right file to edit.

Hey thanks! I am not quite sure, I had someone help me with the design. I am trying to install a photo gallery script. I've got the php part, but I don't know what to do for the .tpl part... do you know?

wlanguide
04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Whats that small Widget? It does not show up instead of link called close widget.

dazw1
04-20-2010, 10:14 PM
i like it, good job

blake3334
04-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I love the babe in the banner.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum