View Full Version : Certificate System

02-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Hi there,

Let me outline some things which I would like to be able to do. Self explanatory, really:

On the click of a button, the whole HTML window output is converted to an image, stored into a directory.
On the click of another button (which is unlocked when the certificate has been stored, or the action on the first button has been done) then e-mails the form to the person, by using $_GET to get the e-mail of the person from a page. The variables from the page will be carried over via the URL.
When that is done, the option to create a certificate (on the home.php) is blanked out, so no more certiificates can be sent to that user.

I can probably modify an e-mail script for the purpose of this,
Any help will be great,

02-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Creating an image from HTML that has already been sent to the browser and rendered is a process that can only be done on the client machine, which PHP does not have access to (and it's a good thing it doesn't).

You can use the GD library to create an image and write text to it, with which you could parallel in an image approximately what a browser would render, which is possible, but sounds like an enormous pain in the butt.

02-10-2010, 11:52 PM
So will this be possible if I'm working locally? (I.e. I'm running the scripts via MAMP).

02-11-2010, 01:40 AM
You're still asking your web server (via PHP or whatever), or browser (via Javascript) to access a client process. Shouldn't happen.