View Full Version : localhost issues with MAMP

mightypants
02-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm new to PHP and setting up local hosts. I installed MAMP on my Mac, and have been using it to experiment with Joomla and Drupal. Recently I added a site I'm working on in collaboration with another developer. He converted some basic HTML pages I made into PHP so the header and footer could be called globally. He placed these files on our host's server, and I downloaded them from that location. I have been unable to view this site on my local host. When I enter the address in my browser, a copy gets downloaded to my system. Does anyone know why this would happen? Here's what I've entered into the address bar:

http://localhost:8888/TAJ (TAJ is the site's root folder)

My Joomla and Drupal sites in that location are still working properly. I imagine this is something simple, but since I know very little about PHP I'm not sure what to do. Am I missing some database info or something? Thanks.

Fumigator
02-10-2010, 10:07 PM
The file has PHP in it; what is the name of the file? Does it end in .php or .html? (The latter will not parse the PHP in a default configuration)

If the extension is .php, try putting only <?php phpinfo(); ?> in a file named test.php, browse to that and see what that gives you.

mightypants
02-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the response. The file does have the appropriate PHP extension, and the test.php file behaves as expects. As I mentioned, I also have other PHP sites in this location that are working properly.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum