View Full Version : Adobe Golive....

BigDaddy
04-23-2003, 03:51 PM
I've been asked to put some conten on our site that was done originally in Adobe Golive :eek:

Anyway, in the HTML, there's a buch of what looks like custom tags, such as:

<csactiondict>

</csactiondict>

Inside of this, I see some DHTML--inside of <script></sxript> tags.

Anyone know what the heck these tags are? I'm needing to use the HTML for ASP pages.

oracleguy
04-23-2003, 04:28 PM
GoLive... *shutters* I hate that program with the fury of 5,000 suns; it is so hard to use and puts tons of useless crap into the files like the tags you've mentioned.

You best bet would be, try cutting the tags in question out and like temporarily dump them into notepad, save the file and see if anything is broken.

I think you can remove them without breaking anything but I'm not sure.

BigDaddy
04-23-2003, 04:31 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with you. The page actually looks kind of cool--they did some nice rollover effects and all, but boy the code is ugly.

My company hired a consultant to do some stuff for them before I worked here, then bought this useless crap code and burned it to a cd. Now, my boss seems to think I can just throw it in a directory on the site and put a link to it, and voila! It's up.

Not quite. There are missing images on it, and I'm going to have to re-do a bunch of the garbage that the joke of a web-designer put into it.

Catman
04-23-2003, 06:12 PM
You could also try HTML Tidy (see the W3C website).

BigDaddy
04-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Ahh....I didn't think about that. HTML-Kit, which I use, has HTML-Tidy on it. I might try that, to see what it will do.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum