View Full Version : What is the best software to use for website building?

DannyBoy
01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
hi
What is the best software to use for website building?
i know there is dream weaver and you can use notepad and stuff but is there any others?

im just starting to understand CSS and HTML and im a student and study web design so is there any of type of software what can help me design sites??

cheers

Jazzo
01-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Well, I use Dreamweaver, but I can understand if you're looking for something cheaper. I've heard good things about Coffee Cup (http://www.coffeecup.com/free-editor/), and there's a free version.

Try that out.

Julian

hunter jordan
02-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Hi,

If you are familiar with Dreamweaver than no one is better than it.

Josephbm91
02-02-2010, 10:12 AM
It's ALL about Notepad++ (http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/files/). It's a Freeware text editor geared towards programming. It's much better to learn by hand coding anyway. Applications like Dreamweaver lose their usefulness if you don't know how to manually adjust the bad code it can occasionally throw at you.

Mark P
02-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I think its a general misconception that people who use dreamweaver know nothing about coding.
I use dreamweaver & know about coding, I prefer to work from a colour & design perspective though so I use dreamweavers design mode.
Since dw8 did away with tables I see alot of people in a pickle over this, and I dont blame them they are very handy. Ive seen very few tablesless websites that are inspiring.

drhowarddrfine
02-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Ive seen very few tablesless websites that are inspiring.Then you need to get out more.

eu4ria
02-03-2010, 11:35 PM
If you need tableless inspiration, have a look at http://www.csszengarden.com/

offgridgirl
02-04-2010, 01:42 AM
I use Dreamweaver but have just gotten a free copy of Nvu and it's okay!:cool:

lauretta07
02-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Honestly speaking I don't have any idea what are the best software to use in making a website. But when I search to the internet, I have found this Ewisoft Website Builder. It says there that it is the easiest, most powerful website builder software that you can use to create a website. It is perfect for beginners and professionals. It is so easy to use, all you have to do to start a website is edit text, insert images, and drag-and-drop.

Fumigator
02-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Honestly speaking I don't have any idea what are the best software to use in making a website. But when I search to the internet, I have found this Ewisoft Website Builder. It says there that it is the easiest, most powerful website builder software that you can use to create a website. It is perfect for beginners and professionals. It is so easy to use, all you have to do to start a website is edit text, insert images, and drag-and-drop.

Oh you are such a SPAMMER!

Fumigator
02-04-2010, 09:07 PM
i use Dreamweaver and Front page.
it is a best and easy software for web building.

You can't be serious.

foxbsd
02-06-2010, 06:04 AM
you can use Dreamweaver and editplus for design and Know few of dynamic script ,eg
php, perl and so on.

gordman
06-17-2010, 09:55 PM
One of the softwares I used when i first learned how to build a website was Dreamweaver. Website building is not difficult, I think it's more difficult to decide for a fit web hosting service, this is important for the future of your website.

smithdylan
06-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Dreamweaver may be the best one of building website . that software makes building website becomes more and more easy. :thumbsup: (http://www.golfclubsseller.com/goods-151-Callaway+FT-IZ+Driver.html)

hiddenchamp
06-20-2010, 10:04 PM
why not just use a CMS?

jfreak53
06-21-2010, 02:32 PM
I agree with hidden, why not just use a CMS. Easy and effective.

Plus I couldn't tell you. Maybe it's just cause I'm an old dog and when I got started it was all notepad. But I don't use a builder, it's UltraEdit all the way baby! ha ha Code by hand, the only way to fly ha ha

Dormilich
06-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Code by hand, the only way to fly

agreed.

I saddle my monkey on SubEthaEdit. (though Iím exploring Aptana for the heavy PHP stuff)

Candan
06-21-2010, 03:17 PM
I code on the normal notepad. Knowing how to code everything by hand is great, and you actually get to do something when you miss and } / { / ( / ) / [ / ] / " / ' .
But yea, thats just me. Old school and I always say "Less is more".

Vicbowling
06-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Notepad++ works but it's nice to have all the bells and whistles of Dreamweaver. I used to use Homesite but that program is no longer supported by Adobe.

primefalcon
06-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Gedit or vim

Acecape
06-26-2010, 05:02 AM
Most of the power tool in building a website is definitely dreamweaver. Some of the tools use is notepad, WYSIWYG and among others. However, still I much prepared with dream weaver.

bermuda
07-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I am using both Dreamweaver and FrontPage plus several other HTML plus CSS making applications. Nowadays having access to several tools could be really cool, especially when you take a look at the shareware portals and find dozens of new applications offered by the firms.

agxphoto
07-13-2010, 04:54 AM
Completed content is some of the best website building software around.

If the website is going to be static, or built around a core of static documents, then having those documents completed and on hand can be a great help. You can use printouts and reports of those documents to structure and edit many iterations of the web page. It's just super-helpful.

I think one of the leading design errors occurs when it's time to open up a good web page building program, and we may have no real idea of what the website is supposed to hold.

Don't forget basic systems flowcharting for your websites. How are you going to lay in the supporting file structure for each page? For the whole site? For sections of the site?

A couple of printouts of the code that goes with pages that you may be using as a pattern for building other pages can help. Are you following your own system and conventions within a project?

The content, the plan and the systems chart can be some real important pieces of software.

thomasmclennan
07-14-2010, 12:39 AM
I use dreamweaver, filezilla, FlashCS2 and Notepad++. Make sure that you spend most of your time in dreamweaver in the code, or split screen views. I only type onto the design view when I want to avoid typing '&', etc. Notepad++ is great, and can be used to open and edit ANY file.

santhoshj400
07-14-2010, 10:19 AM
You can use Joomla or Drupal or Concrete5 CMS to Build an website To start with start with Joomla or Concrete 5 CMS.Dreamweaver is not an free ware as well we need to pay n take the license go for joomla and others are Freeware and most of the components we can get in Google.or we can Code(php) as per our requirements.Dreamweaver worth for designing I Do Agree..

DannyBoy
04-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Seems like a lot of software out their for building, so do the software what your all talking about apart from dreamweaver finish your code of for you? like when you end div ect..:confused:

wanting to know because i will do anything just to finish a project an extra 5 mins early :P

jscupa
04-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I strongly urge you to concentrate around content management, unless of course your primargy goal is affiliate marketing. All the surfers want content to read, which is why reddit and digg are so huge. If CMS is your game I would go with Wordpress or Drupal

Both have their pros and cons

k1L0VoLt
05-20-2011, 04:39 AM
If you like to hand-code, then nothing (in my opinion) beats Notepad++. Notepad++ is great for practically ANY programming language. i use it for HTML, PHP, and Javascript.
Dreamweaver is probably the best for graphical/code use (but it's not cheap).

I just downloaded Aptana for my Linux machine. I will share my feelings for that after I have had a chance to install and use it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum