View Full Version : How Do I Write This Code

Byronwells
01-22-2010, 02:05 AM
Alright Php Coders please take a look at this page.... http://www.digitalresellersvault.com/marketplace.php?cat=t&category=Private_Label_Rights

What I would to be able to do is to create a normal url link for the Newest Product part but then have it link to the categories section. But have it linked to the newest categories at all time...

Hope you guys understand.. I can supply you with the categories code if needed be.. This is taken automatically from a database :)

masterofollies
01-22-2010, 02:20 AM
What section of that website are you trying to do?

Byronwells
01-22-2010, 02:23 AM
What section of that website are you trying to do?

If you have a look at the above url.. In the left column under Navigational Links, there is a link that says Newest Products.. When I say link, that needs to be created..

The link. php code needs to be create so that when the user clicks on it it always shows the newest product. This information will depend on the newest category that has been added to the membership site

masterofollies
01-22-2010, 02:56 AM
So the "products" you want to be shown, the newest first. Correct?

If so then in your query to display them, your probably using a while loop. Use DESC in your WHERE section.

Also you can use mysql_insert_id which will Get the ID generated in the last query. Meaning the newest product.

If this is not what you mean, then I am sorry but I don't understand exactly.

Byronwells
01-22-2010, 03:15 AM
So the "products" you want to be shown, the newest first. Correct?

If so then in your query to display them, your probably using a while loop. Use DESC in your WHERE section.

Also you can use mysql_insert_id which will Get the ID generated in the last query. Meaning the newest product.

If this is not what you mean, then I am sorry but I don't understand exactly.

No...

Under the admin area I create one brand new category lets say for example jan 2010... That is then display automatically under the categories section of the page that I shown you..

Then the newest product link will picked up the newest category that we had added and then display the information for that category...

Then at the end of this month we add a new category called feb 2010. Again that is automatically displayed under the categories section.

Then the newest product link will automatically detect the new category that has been added to the system

Does that make any sense?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum