View Full Version : grabbing data

cosmicsea
01-17-2010, 06:25 AM
Im going to try to describe what im trying to do the best i can.
I have a search engine and when you do a search you goto the results page like any other search engine, but when you click a result it takes you to another page and displays all the data about the particular search inside a table on that page.
how it works is I use a include code that will display the data of the search result that has been chosen and it automatically displays the data like display name etc "whatever data i want it to have" into the table. The problem is i want to make the data that is in the table to be available on the entire page and not just inside the table. lets say i want the display name of the result to show somewhere besides the table, well I cant do that because the rest of the page is lacking the data. I can make the table display any info i want it to display because it is grabbing the data from another page using the include code. I tried to use an include code on the same page for the same info to grab from but it just displays blank data. I have tried adding in my normal functions into the page but with no result.

I guess what im saying is, is there any way to grab the data available from that table and be used elsewhere on the page?

I hope you can understand what im explaining. Thanks.

oesxyl
01-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Im going to try to describe what im trying to do the best i can.
I have a search engine and when you do a search you goto the results page like any other search engine, but when you click a result it takes you to another page and displays all the data about the particular search inside a table on that page.
how it works is I use a include code that will display the data of the search result that has been chosen and it automatically displays the data like display name etc "whatever data i want it to have" into the table. The problem is i want to make the data that is in the table to be available on the entire page and not just inside the table. lets say i want the display name of the result to show somewhere besides the table, well I cant do that because the rest of the page is lacking the data. I can make the table display any info i want it to display because it is grabbing the data from another page using the include code. I tried to use an include code on the same page for the same info to grab from but it just displays blank data. I have tried adding in my normal functions into the page but with no result.

I guess what im saying is, is there any way to grab the data available from that table and be used elsewhere on the page?

I hope you can understand what im explaining. Thanks.
I'm not sure I understand, a example or at least a link would be better.

best regards

cosmicsea
01-17-2010, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure I understand, a example or at least a link would be better.

best regards
I really dont want to post my link on a forum so I will pm you my link.

genecyber
01-18-2010, 06:35 PM
I suggest, you include your page near the top of the page, your variables should be available to the "calling or parent" page, I personally suggest staying away from tables, and using div/css whenever possible as it allows for much better control.

-Shannon

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum