View Full Version : Need PHP and ASPX Coder

masterofollies
01-17-2010, 03:23 AM
1) Project Details: (be as specific as possible): Before going farer, you need to be an expert in PHP and ASPX to do this job. No beginners or so so coders can do it. With that said.

I've been coding an existing website that is entirely in PHP. For the exploring method, it uses a latitude and longitude grid system. I want to change this into an ASPX graphical style. So every time you click a direction it updates your icon on the grid. Examples will be shown.

2) Payment Amount: $500+

3) Payment method/ details (Paypal, check? Timeline?): Paypal is preferred.

4) Additional Info (about project or potential bidders): Must be professional in PHP and ASPX.

5) Timeframe: Will give you 6 to 10 weeks to complete.

masterofollies
01-19-2010, 06:54 PM
*bump*

hire programmer
01-20-2010, 06:43 AM
You may need to hire two freelancers , one for PHP , one for ASPX .

masterofollies
01-20-2010, 03:42 PM
It's been done before in PHP and a version in ASPX. One language is probably needed, but I figured if it was coded in ASPX that they would need PHP knowledge to tie it in with the rest of the script.

christinaR
01-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Pm sent.
Kindly check and let me know should you be interested.

~thanks!

masterofollies
01-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Still looking for somebody.

hinch
01-20-2010, 08:49 PM
you could do this using html5/js/php using canvas etc for graphical rendering no real need for converting to a .net framework when functionality wise its no more capable of doing this than php.

it all comes down to ajax and mostly javascript in the end anyway as the actual processing and positioning will be quite simple in php

masterofollies
01-20-2010, 10:14 PM
But will it still use a database? I need certain parts of it to update the users account.

hinch
01-21-2010, 11:03 AM
yeah you can still query the db using ajax calls to update/refresh data sets etc and just manage the front end display using js. will save you having to get a .net coder and php can do everything else.

hell if you wish you could have a simple ajax call that grabs the data from a php script and has the php script generate the images so all you have to do in js is layer the images in the correct locations and trap the user inputs for direction changes etc.

do some searching for html 5 canvas and svg demos they should put you in the right direction it may be easier than you think to do it your self without having to actually hire someone for it :)

masterofollies
01-21-2010, 04:42 PM
I looked at html 5 canvas, and you can draw shapes and all, but I don't see where you can use icons on a grid.

hinch
01-21-2010, 08:34 PM
http://carsonified.com/blog/dev/html-5-dev/how-to-draw-with-html-5-canvas/

should hopefully give you an example of modifying images using canvas.

basically you need to think about the sprite way of writing games and compositing images

Fumigator
01-21-2010, 11:12 PM
I can't see using the canvas tag until it has full cross-browser support. It doesn't work with IE; that's a fail.

hire programmer
01-22-2010, 08:55 AM
http://carsonified.com/blog/dev/html-5-dev/how-to-draw-with-html-5-canvas/

should hopefully give you an example of modifying images using canvas.

basically you need to think about the sprite way of writing games and compositing images

Thanks for sharing it , Looking for such tool for a long time.

masterofollies
01-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks Fumigator, this is vital to be IE and FF both.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum