View Full Version : how do i make a Word Verification

bryan1987
01-12-2010, 04:11 AM
Hi i need to add a Word Verification to my contact form becouse people keep sending my spam and jargen through my website.

By Word verification i meen thoes things that have a picture of a word that you have to retype before your form will go through.

If anyone know how to make one in html and can help me or if you know how to stop spam coming through my form it would be very helpfull.

Thank you.

oesxyl
01-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Hi i need to add a Word Verification to my contact form becouse people keep sending my spam and jargen through my website.

By Word verification i meen thoes things that have a picture of a word that you have to retype before your form will go through.

If anyone know how to make one in html and can help me or if you know how to stop spam coming through my form it would be very helpfull.

Thank you.
it's name is captcha:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA

you need to use a server side language, can't be done only with html.

best regards

bryan1987
01-12-2010, 05:29 AM
thanks for letting me know the correct name for what i am after.

I have tryed a google search and tryed some of the ways people have done them but in each case the image (number & Letters) doesnt come up.

If anyone know how i can set it up useing dreamweaver it would be very helpfull

Thanks

oesxyl
01-12-2010, 05:54 AM
thanks for letting me know the correct name for what i am after.
you are welcome, :)

I have tryed a google search and tryed some of the ways people have done them but in each case the image (number & Letters) doesnt come up.
what did you try? what server side language you use, php, or what?

If anyone know how i can set it up useing dreamweaver it would be very helpfull
I don't use dw so I can't help with this.

best regards

bryan1987
01-12-2010, 06:21 AM
I was interweaving a php and html doc that i already have together but i think that code is wrong for what i was trying to do.
If someone could direct me to a link where html and php is used to do this.

oesxyl
01-12-2010, 06:29 AM
I was interweaving a php and html doc that i already have together but i think that code is wrong for what i was trying to do.
If someone could direct me to a link where html and php is used to do this.
this is a step by step installation for recaptcha:

http://recaptcha.net/plugins/php/

best regards

sir.jones
01-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi...
You also can prevent the spam using JavaScript, to stop Spam not just using with captcha image but also with random text question...

but i guess u to using server side script..

sir.jones
01-13-2010, 10:01 PM
ok bryan1987, if you still not find for any solution, just put here your submit form or you can send to my pm, otherwise i just give you a small captcha with not it using for high securely site or not about money transfer (payment) form

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum