View Full Version : T-Shirts

Antoniohawk
04-20-2003, 02:36 AM
Looking at alot of design sites lately, I've begun to notice that lots have t-shirts for sale in their store. Maybe im just outta my mind, but wat wouldn't i give for a Coding Forums tee. My idea is having a contest for the design of one, and the winner receives some sort of prize. I know this site wasnt created to make money, but hey i wouldn't say no to it if some1 offered :D. Well anyway, post ur opinion on this matter and maybe we could convince ionsurge to head off a competition over at graphic design...

joh6nn
04-20-2003, 03:39 AM
i would proudly wear a coding forums shirt. of course, i'd proudly wear lots of stuff ( don't ask ) but yeah, i think this is a great idea, contest and all.

Antoniohawk
04-20-2003, 05:04 AM
i dont believe it, i had a good idea :D. Wat a rare occurence lol. I hope we arent the only ones that feel that way tho.

krycek
04-20-2003, 06:10 AM
I think there should be a selection of good, official, CF logos for the T-shirts :cool:

I'd order a dozen :p

::] krycek [::

Antoniohawk
04-20-2003, 06:11 AM
the prize could be some t-shirts...

oracleguy
04-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Yeah good idea, I'd wear one. They'd be cool.

scroots
04-20-2003, 10:10 AM
I would buy and wear wone.

scroots

redhead
04-20-2003, 02:50 PM
i would wear one with pride.

Antoniohawk
04-20-2003, 05:22 PM
I just remembered my dad told me he knows of a place that makes mass produced tees. Ill have to check into that. We may b able to get a discount :D

joh6nn
04-20-2003, 08:18 PM
i'd think that cafepress would be the best bet for george

brothercake
04-20-2003, 10:42 PM
Yeah cafepress have a pretty good rep, and you don't have to commit yourself to buying any stock - they make them when your customers order them.

I'd buy one, for sure (as long as mine says "moderator" on the back, like a lifeguard's t-shirt ;))

oracleguy
04-21-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by brothercake
I'd buy one, for sure (as long as mine says "moderator" on the back, like a lifeguard's t-shirt ;))

Hehehe I was thinking about something along those lines too. :)

Alex Vincent
04-22-2003, 02:12 AM
I've raised the idea of "moichandising" with George in the past; so far he hasn't gotten too much into it.

Mhtml
04-22-2003, 04:43 AM
Yeah cafepress have a pretty good rep, and you don't have to commit yourself to buying any stock - they make them when your customers order them.

I'd wear one of them heh. :)

If you ask me merchandising would be a pretty good idea.

ionsurge
04-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Wonder if we can get one that says moderator or supermoderator... :D

beetle
04-23-2003, 03:06 AM
I'm in. I'll certainly compete for the design :D

Cafepress would be good, coz then I could get a coffee mug too. What computer geek survives the day w/o coffee?

http://www.project-eva.org/~michi/stuff/caffiene-machine.jpg

:D :D :D

brothercake
04-23-2003, 03:09 AM
Is that really your coffee machine? That's great - it's like something Tom Paris would build :)

beetle
04-23-2003, 03:11 AM
No, but I wish it was!

It really is a functioning PC & coffee maker though. I found it like a year ago at pimprig.com. They don't seem to have it anymore, but the pic above was just a Google Search™ away :D

oracleguy
04-23-2003, 03:39 AM
They had that in a PC Gamer a while back, they even talked about how and why the guy built it.

So George, is it gonna happen? :)

WA
04-24-2003, 02:04 AM
I like the idea, with the only hurdle obviously being to get a few good designs in to use. A competition would seem to work best.

I'm currently occupied trying to resolve a strange issue with registration on the forums, however, so the idea will have to be put on the back burner until then. The problem is turning out to be a really hairy one, and I may actually need to move CF to a different server set up if all else fails.

ionsurge
04-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Ouch that really does sound prett serious...

Mhtml
04-24-2003, 12:09 PM
Well, krycek's server is only a message away. :):D

bradyj
05-10-2003, 08:27 PM
I was a Graphic Designer for a T-shirt company and I get 75% off orders 4 life - high quality, process +spot colors, anything... just keep me updated who wants it done... I ain't puttin' no order through if the codingforum decides to back out here.

so if you guys want t-shirts done professional, high quality screening, prepress -- I'll work with whoever's design is picked and we can get it going!!

bradyj
05-10-2003, 08:31 PM
If you would like to see the companies website [it's horrendous, but they won't let any of us old artists touch it] for the screenprinters... they are in Chicago by the way... go to:

American Outfitters (http://www.americanoutfitters.com)

I can pick any type of t you guys want, custom colors for different t-shirts... the whole nine yards. But, where would we ship it is the question? Does codingforums.com have a base where they could handle mailing them out (as long as people chipped in for shipping)?

Antoniohawk
05-12-2003, 10:22 PM
hey no1 can argue with saving money without loss of quality :D

ASAAKI
05-13-2003, 06:21 AM
can't wait:)

bradyj
05-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Are you guys going to put up a forum 'contest' then for designs? Instead of giving the winner a prize, let him/her put their name or signature somewhere on the T as design winner... that's a good incentive to get a ton of people to do some designs.

mouse
05-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Think it'll take bit of time for George to decide and get it organised if it is going to happen, there have been some server issues in the past few weeks.

bradyj
05-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Eh, so I read/hear -- hopefully the subject will be revisited later on, and I'll catch the post. Otherwise, server es muy importante.

Antoniohawk
05-15-2003, 02:00 AM
evanessence is awesome ionsurge, good choice for fave of the week :thumbsup:

Antoniohawk
09-20-2003, 02:40 AM
www.zazzle.com and www.designashirt.com. Saw these on the google ad at the bottom of the page. Maybe we should check em out.

bradyj
09-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Hey, I used to work for a T-shirt company people:D

If you guys really want them done, I just need to call them and we'll do it for cheap, no profit, just the print cost. I used to be their art director. The company is at:
http://www.americanoutfitters.com

...I think I already posted this, it's been a while since it's been brought up. Are we reviving now? Shall we do some designs?:D

Antoniohawk
09-21-2003, 11:46 PM
I think we might as welll go ahead and make up some designs, even if we might not ever get shirts. It'll give me something to do. :D

jeskel
10-03-2003, 05:48 PM
when will it come? when will it come? I DEFINITLY want a codingforums tee------ great idea!

treepixie
03-12-2004, 05:44 PM
So!! Did you ever get the T-Shirts, or not???? I read this whole thread this morning!!:D

gsnedders
03-23-2004, 07:54 PM
No

WA
03-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Ok, once I get CF upgraded to VB3, the T-shirt idea will definitely be among my to-do lists.

gsnedders
03-23-2004, 11:13 PM
What images would you be able to have?

gsnedders
03-23-2004, 11:16 PM

What happens if you get turned into a Super Moderator, and Imagine George's - Administor on the back, then it's like everybody who sees the back knows who he is...

WA
03-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Error 404
What images would you be able to have?

I haven't really thought about that, though most likely I'll end up getting a designer to turn out a few suitable CF images.

Antoniohawk
03-23-2004, 11:39 PM
@WA
So I guess the contest idea has been rejected? Fine by me, just wanted to know. T-shirts designed by an actual designer would be just as kewl.
@Error
Your posting antics interest me greatly. 2 posts in 3 minutes on the same thread? Hmm... maybe I'm overreacting again, but I thought there was an edit button around there somewhere... :p

WA
03-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Hi Antoniohawk:
I really haven't decided on how the designs will be produced yet. One consideration is how to quickly get some usable images going (least amount of hassle), which hiring a designer has the advantage of. A contest can be reserved for other things, one ongoing one being the helpful member award of course. :)

Antoniohawk
03-24-2004, 12:43 AM
How about use a designer and give t-shirts away to the winners of the helpful member award?

raf
03-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Antoniohawk
How about use a designer and give t-shirts away to the winners of the helpful member award?
Hmmm. How cruel. These softy-geeks will be laughed at in the real world :D

If these T-shirts get ever created, i'd be willing to sponsor a contest which has one of these T's as a price (besides eternal fame of course). Something like a monthly contest to write the best code for some feature.
(To assure you this wount end in endless debate about who wrote the best code and who the best design and whos is executed the quickest etc, the decission could either be based on a poll or i'll pick the winner myself (which would pretty much limit the assignments to server side scripting ...)
This way, we could also build a small code archive with best practices so that newer coders get some excellent examplecode and the more experienced ones get some new perspectives.

mindlessLemming
03-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Great call raf :thumbsup:

oh, and this bit....

Hmmm. How cruel. These softy-geeks will be laughed at in the real world
Ummm. yeah... I love Coding Forums and freak out if I have to go two days without checking the board, but wearing a shirt that says "Coding" and "Forum" on it....pphhhffff. :p
Maybe the designer will hear my fears and try and make them the least geeky possible.

jeskel
03-24-2004, 10:47 AM
@raf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by mindlessLemming

but wearing a shirt that says "Coding" and "Forum" on it....
Maybe the designer will hear my fears and try and make them the least geeky possible.
ah com on... If it ever looks geeky it could be the 'Sunday' t-shirt (like in 'Sunday I do nothing else than coding') ;) :p

Antoniohawk
03-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Bring on the geekiness, I can take it!

me'
03-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by jeskel
like in 'Sunday I do nothing else than coding' Well if that's your attitude I don't see why you're not wearing it the whole week through! ;)

mindlessLemming
03-25-2004, 05:53 AM
"And on Sunday God created web-standards"

CodingForums.com

"And on Monday IE ignored them completely, implementing their proprietry evil"

jeskel
03-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by me'
Well if that's your attitude I don't see why you're not wearing it the whole week through! ;)
lol... There are six other forums I am a member of... :p :p :p

mindlessLemming
03-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by jeskel
lol... There are six other forums I am a member of... :p :p :p
:eek:
If I heard you were wearing a CodingForums T-shirt instead of a yourmusicforums.com shirt there'ld be BIG trouble :p

jeskel
03-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by mindlessLemming
:eek:
If I heard you were wearing a CodingForums T-shirt instead of a yourmusicforums.com shirt there'ld be BIG trouble :p
lol... that was just for the plaesure of the joke. ;)

Antoniohawk
03-25-2004, 10:02 PM
I would definitely wear a shirt with your saying MindlessLemming lol. :D

glenngv
03-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Me I'd wear one that says, "Top 1 poster in CodingForums.com" :cool:

raf
03-26-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by glenngv
Me I'd wear one that says, "Top 1 poster in CodingForums.com" :cool:
Hmm. So that would be printed as a limited edition (1 shirt). What would happen if you get nocked down to 2 place ... I mean, we could not be forced to accept that very same worn out T-shirt, right :D ?

gsnedders
03-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by raf
Hmm. So that would be printed as a limited edition (1 shirt). What would happen if you get nocked down to 2 place ... I mean, we could not be forced to accept that very same worn out T-shirt, right :D ?

You make a new one for the new top poster, and you burn the old one so nobody can ever wear it again...

glenngv
03-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Or print a limited edition (1 shirt) with the real name of the top poster in it.

jeskel
04-01-2004, 05:53 AM
Have anyone of you ever seen a 'Hello World!' t-shirt? That's geeky...

gsnedders
11-26-2004, 12:07 AM
I just feel like bringing this topic back up again, after George saying ealier that it'd be done after the vB3 move, which was now in April (I can't even remember what the vB2 theme was like :p)....

oracleguy
11-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Yes, George I do remember you saying that.... so are t-shirts gonna happen?

tboss132
11-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Looks like this thread is for the big boys. What with CF Nuts, CF administrators, CF moderators and helpful members awardees contributing, who are we CF regulars and CF newcomers to say a word?
Anyway, i like this idea of a TShirt. Let's know the outcome ASAP. When is the VB3 move?

raf
11-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Looks like this thread is for the big boys. What with CF Nuts, CF administrators, CF moderators and helpful members awardees contributing, who are we CF regulars and CF newcomers to say a word?
Hmm. There's only one (big) boy that realy counts in this mater --> WA

Anyway, i like this idea of a TShirt. Let's know the outcome ASAP. When is the VB3 move?
Grrr. You see, that's what happens when CF regulars and CF newcomers step in: they don't read the whole thread and start asking allready answered questions :D

Antoniohawk
11-30-2004, 08:59 PM
When is the VB3 move?
Check the bottom of the page and you will find the answer to that question. :)

clark@countrywi
12-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Hey guys,

If you want to get t-shirts made let me know. I would take one as well. I have used a company called Countrywide Promotions. They did a great job and when I called them to ask a few questions after I had submitted my artwork they new who I was as soon as I gave them my name. It made me fill important plus they did a great job printing them and I got a better price than a few others I checked out. Check out their site at http://countrywidepromotions.com if you want.

gsnedders
01-21-2005, 12:40 AM
George... We're still waiting for an answer...

codegoboom
01-21-2005, 05:35 AM
Do It Yourself: Printing a Digital Image on a T-Shirt (http://www.diynet.com/diy/cda/article_print/1,1983,DIY_13956_2274193_ARTICLE-DETAIL-PRINT,00.html) :thumbsup:

Now let's see who can make the coolest CF graphic that I can download and iron on... ;)

zro@rtv
03-01-2005, 04:30 PM
hey...
im new, (woohoo-)
luv this place (great help).

...did yall get yr shirts thing sorted out?

...i make shirts.
how many are tall talkin about gettin'?

redtv.org/buy
has some of our stuff pictured.

just thought id throw that out there.
...we're little and cheap, but cant do HUGE volume, prolly.
(by huge, i mean huge)
...ya.

thanks again for all the help.

(i'll work on some designs, and post them)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum