View Full Version : Resolved Remove inherited background color on post titles

Prellyree
01-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Hi All!
Trying to help a friend with her blog, and am completely stumped. (I'm a newbie. Obviously.)

She has a coral colored background color on hover on all her links. She'd like to remove the hover style on the post titles. I've tried just changing the .entry-title a:hover to a new background color (aka, white) but that didn't work. I have Firebug installed, and that has been helpful, but it doesn't seem to show the code for the hover property, I assume because hover isn't active when the page loads.

Her blog is http://laurenandjessiblog.com/

Or I can cut and paste the code/stylesheet for you, but since I have no idea where to look, it'd be pretty long.

Any suggestions?

Kristofa
01-07-2010, 04:02 AM
I would try adding:

h2 a:hover {
background-color: transparent!important;
}

That should define what to do when a link is inside a <h2> element, and I think should take precedence over the more generic statement.

Prellyree
01-07-2010, 04:04 AM
Yay! That worked like a charm. I'll have to research that important thing...I've never heard of it.

Kristofa
01-07-2010, 04:08 AM
!important makes the CSS property it is applied to take precedence over anything else. In this case, I used it as the existing property for a:hover has '!important', so without applying it to this one as well, the generic a:hover background colour would have overwrote the bit to null the background.

Sorry, that was a piss-poor explanation. Either way, it's a useful thing to know. :P

Prellyree
01-07-2010, 04:11 AM
I totally understand, so it's a good explanation to me. ;)
Thanks again.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum