PDA

View Full Version : text area color

coldwetnoz
01-07-2010, 12:59 AM
What is the code for inserting color or background image into my text area?
This is not a "form". It is the actual large text area that I'm adding. Or can text be added without inserting a "textarea"? I've got this nice background image on my page with a large white area for text that needs the same background as the rest. :confused:

Thanks,
coldwetnoz

Excavator
01-07-2010, 01:10 AM
What is the code for inserting color or background image into my text area?
This is not a "form". It is the actual large text area that I'm adding. Or can text be added without inserting a "textarea"? I've got this nice background image on my page with a large white area for text that needs the same background as the rest. :confused:

Thanks,
coldwetnoz

Adding this to your CSS will give a background color to your textarea -

textarea {
background: #0f0;
}

But if your adding text as content of your site, textarea is not how to do it. It may be best to wrap your text in p tags and put it in a containing div that could be positioned over the white space of your background image.
It could also be that you don't even need the containing div. I suppose it depends on how much text you have and how it's formatted.

CoffeeCup.com
01-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Hello,

Please visit the following sites for future references:

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/document/_BODY_BACKGROUND.html
http://www.web-source.net/html_codes_chart.htm

Hope these help!!! :thumbsup:
CoffeeCup.com

coldwetnoz
01-08-2010, 05:42 PM
I resolved this problem by going with the p tags and it looks fine but now I can't figure out how to make my text area smaller. I've been trying different codes for "margin" but none of them work.

IOW the text I inserted takes up too much of the page width and I don't know how to change that.

Thanks, CoffeeCup.com and Excavator

Excavator
01-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Goodmorning coldwetnoz,
We're going to have to see your code to help much more. Since you are trying to place things over an image, a link would be best.

coldwetnoz
01-09-2010, 03:12 AM
This is getting too deep for me!:D

I'm leaving the text like it is with no margin to speak of, unless my HTML Editor can help me.

Thanks for all the help.