View Full Version : Y-Overflow on a div

ParadoxKing
01-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Hello I have a question about handling y overflow on a div. I made a web page with a restricted height of 1073px. This is all very good and well for most of my pages however, certain pages require more room. For example, this page (http://k66t6-mf.com/eg_code/cpp.php). Has a large amount of overflow. I tried adding overflow:scroll; to the css but that didn't seem to work, here is the code that I have:

div#maincont{
float:left;
background:url(../backgrounds/image/diamond_plate_metal-bg.png);
font-size:90%;
#font-size:95%;
font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color:#FFFF99;
width:704px;
height:1037px;
display:table-column;
z-index:0;
position:relative;
}

This is just the main content portion of my pages. Does anyone know how I can get scroll overflow to work? Thanks in advance.

jrp1
01-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Try making a seperate CSS value and doing it like this:

div
{
width:100px;
height:100px;
overflow:scroll;
}

boogily
01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
I've had it where overflow:auto; works for me pretty well. You obviously need an overflow in there cause your data will exceed you layer size. You can do what jrp said, maybe change the "px" to "%"? (unless for testing reasons) or add to your mainCont

Arbitrator
01-07-2010, 07:36 AM
This is just the main content portion of my pages. Does anyone know how I can get scroll overflow to work? Thanks in advance.Your element has display: table-column; only four properties apply to table columns: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#columns. Given that, it's pretty obvious why overflow isn't doing anything.

Elements with this display type are equivalent to the col element from HTML. This element should not contain content (it does, incorrectly, in your document). In practice, this display type is virtually never used since you can almost always use the adjacent sibling combinator (the plus sign) in your selectors to select entire table columns.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum