View Full Version : Alignment problem

satish_j
01-06-2010, 07:10 AM
How can i align a <ul><marquee><ul>(all contained in a div) in a straight line?
I am using a div which contains a ul(floated left) followed by a marquee and finally another ul(floated right)
Problem is that since marquee is a block level element,it causes a line break between it and ul..
How can i align all three in a straight line????

abduraooft
01-06-2010, 10:05 AM
How can i align a <ul><marquee><ul>(all contained in a div) in a straight line? You can't expect any standard output from some invalid markup. Validate and fix your markup first.

Problem is that since marquee is a block level elementmarquee is a deprecated element, so you shouldn't use it.

satish_j
01-06-2010, 10:24 AM
You can't expect any standard output from some invalid markup. Validate and fix your markup first.

I think i made my point clear in the query itself.I didn't provided the markup i used.And i expected an idea(and not the markup) to achieve the same.If you dont know the sol,do not reply foolishly just to increase your rep count..

abduraooft
01-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I think i made my point clear in the query itself.I didn't provided the markup i used.And i expected an idea(and not the markup) to achieve the same.If you dont know the sol,do not reply foolishly just to increase your rep count..
My apologies...:o

Excavator
01-06-2010, 11:24 AM

Trust me sat, abduraooft knows the solution and you're the foolish one for dismissing him that way.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum