View Full Version : Please review New automobile search engine OOYYO

01-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi guys, I work for a new used cars search engine - OOYYO, and I would like to hear what you think about it.
So please give us your feedback.
URL is www.ooyyo.com :D

Phil Jackson
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
hmmm looks like google for cars so im gonna have to mark you down half a mark but the ease of use and user-friendly side is good.

01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
You're not looking for feedback, you're looking for crosslinks :D

01-05-2010, 11:46 PM
You're not looking for feedback, you're looking for crosslinks :D

The site itself has changed in look quite a bit because of feedback recently. Just trying to perfect the product to get passed the beta phase. Your point is good, but i assure you its the feedback i want. So feel free to check it out and give us some constructive thoughts about it. Cheers mate and Happy New Year to you. :thumbsup:

01-06-2010, 12:59 AM
I'm sure Google can sue you for copying their design to that degree =/

01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
It does bring up an interesting copyright issue, doesn't it. To what extent can we as web developers imitate other websites? I'm sure most all of us have visited a website and thought "Wow, I want this design for my project!" This domain, ooyyo, whatever that is, has done a remarkable copy job.

01-06-2010, 05:40 PM
well it isn't like google would be hard to copy it is a plain white page for the most part but i do agree with most of the people here the resemblance could get u into trouble overall though it isn't a bad idea if u had had the idea first it is simple and to the point

01-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Google's had what is essentially the same layout for 12 years.