View Full Version : how can i make my 950x200px image load fast on site?

kyllle
12-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi guys,

I have an image sized 950x200px that I need to use on the main banner of my page, what would be the fastest way of getting this to load when the page is visited, cut it up and float the images side by side perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Kyle

met
12-31-2009, 12:12 PM
no, multiple requests (i.e separate images) increases resource requirements and its less efficient (hence why sprites are such a great thing)

you could use photoshop or similar to compress the image/save it for the web, try different formats etc.

jonweb2009
12-31-2009, 12:17 PM
you can create the image in jpeg medium quality, that will reduce the image size for faster downloadd.

slicing up will not make much difference

Arbitrator
01-01-2010, 12:41 AM
I have an image sized 950x200px that I need to use on the main banner of my page, what would be the fastest way of getting this to load when the page is visited, cut it up and float the images side by side perhaps?The fastest way is to compress it and reduce quality. You can also interlace it so that it more quickly becomes clear what the image depicts, although this will make the overall image larger (i.e., you create the impression of faster loading at the expense of making it load slightly slower).

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum