View Full Version : inserting a background image

coldwetnoz
12-31-2009, 01:49 AM
Hello, I just registered here and I believe I can learn alot. On this forum somebody suggested trying BestAddress HTML Editor so I downloaded the free trial version. I've used MSFP and we never did get along too well.

Can somebody here tell me how to get my image background tile to come out with repeat tiles to cover the entire web page? This was never a problem with FP. I just put the image name in and it automatically came out a full page.

Thanks,
coldwetnoz

Excavator
12-31-2009, 02:16 AM
Hello coldwetnoz,
Welcome to codingforums.com!
Good for you for dumping FrontPage!!!! I've never heard of BestAddress HTML Editor but it seriously cannot be worse. I'm googling it as soon as I'm done here.

A background image is pretty basic, if it's not working for you then it would help us to figure out why if you'd post some code you've tried. A link to a test site would be even better since that would let us see the image as well.

coldwetnoz
12-31-2009, 03:18 AM
Well, this editor is very similar to FP but I'm hoping it's easier to keep things lined up better. The website I last made is not viewable in Firefox but looks okay in IE.

But before I can do anything I want to get a good background image set up. Probably someone who uses Best Address HTML would know exactly how to do it. Effpeetee (Frank) is the one who posted the link. I will attach a screen shot of that post.

Thanks,
coldwetnoz

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1169408/screenshot.jpg

Excavator
12-31-2009, 08:21 AM
w3schools is a good place to learn how to apply CSS. Have a look here - http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

coldwetnoz
01-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Thanks so much for that link! I'm making progress, I've got the code for HTML background since I don't find any other way to insert it with BestAddress HTML editor. Now I'll try it with an image (tiled). When it can't be done visually, there's always HTML, right!

Excavator
01-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Thanks so much for that link! I'm making progress, I've got the code for HTML background since I don't find any other way to insert it with BestAddress HTML editor. Now I'll try it with an image (tiled). When it can't be done visually, there's always HTML, right!

I always figured it's better to learn how to code than to waste time learing how to make a program code for you.
BA HTML Editor, DreamWeaver, all those other WYSWYG editors are great tools but it's still best to learn how to code by hand.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum