View Full Version : Photoshop7 Qes:

04-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Hello again folks,
I'm just learning how to animate. When saving several frames in Photoshop 7, the quality of the pictures saved are fine. After animating all the frames, the final file loses quality. Is there a way to animate without giving up the quality? Here are two examples of the problem I'm having..

Heres another, notice the poor quality of the sky. In each frame saved, the sky is perfect. http://www.mcd4x4.com/4scale/4on-road/4on-large/8.html

04-18-2003, 04:50 PM
Go to your images output preferences, and minimize the optimization levels as much as possible, that should fix it.

04-18-2003, 04:57 PM
In image ready or regular Photoshop? I don't see it, where would I find this command? Thanks for helping me.

04-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Try ImageReady.

Go to:

There you will find the settings, just set them to the highest.

Or alternatively, in Photoshop 7, select save for web from the file menu, and alter the optimization settings from there.

04-19-2003, 06:40 AM
You should also be careful of the colors you are choosing, since you are exporting to a gif format, you are going to lose a good deal of color information (depending on the original colors you built the image with). Also note that exporting an animated gif at 256 colors will look much better (considering the color issues previously mentioned), but could also drastically inflate your file size (may not be an issue for you, but you never know).