View Full Version : Problems with the footer image..

shadowsai
12-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Well, I finally decided to update an old website, but as I was updating it, the header and footer did show the way I wanted it to show up. The footer image does not stretch all the way to the left/right. As well, the header image is too tall, making everything else lower down on the page.

Here's the code, I'm sorry I don't have a domain name yet, so I just uploaded to a filehost. http://www.mediafire.com/?mwaldzu2zwy You should be able to see what I'm talking about pretty quickly..

Thanks in advance.

Excavator
12-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Hello shadowsai,
You're missing the closing tag for #container.
Make your markup look like this -
<p>Kabok Music School offers lessons <b>throughout</b> the school year and during the summer. <b>Intake is continuous</b>. Tuition is calculated by school year and depends on the date of enrolment as well as the length, type and frequency of lessons.
Please call us at 604-517-4551 for more information about fees. If you are interested in taking lessons, we invite you to make an appointment for a no-commitment interview with one of our teachers. This interview is free. Please see our <a href="faculty.htm">Faculty </a> page for teacher photos and biographies. </p>
<div class="margin_bottom_10"></div>
<div class="rc_btn_02"><a href="register.htm">More Info...</a></div>
</div>
<div class="margin_bottom_30"></div>
</div>
<div class="cleaner"></div>
<!-- end of content right --></div>
<!-- end of container --></div>
<div id="footer_wrapper">
<div id="footer"> Copyright 2009 <a href="index.htm">Kabok Music School</a> | Designed by <b>ѕαι</b></a> </div>
<!-- end of footer -->
</div>
</body>
</html>

It would be best to crop that image your using for a background on your header.
This kind of works for now too...adjust the highlighted parts to your liking -

body {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
line-height: 1.5em;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
color: #666;
background: #fff url(images/main_bg.jpg) repeat-x 0 -125px;
}
#content_right2 #top_menu {
height: 40px;
text-align: right;
/*padding-top: 70px;*/
padding-right: 30px;
padding-bottom: -20px;
padding-left: 0;
}

#site_title {

color: #e0f2e8;
height: 105px;
padding: 50px 0 0 0;
}

shadowsai
12-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks, the header is all fixed now.. I never noticed that I forgot the closing tag for the container. But the footer still is the same? It doesn't stretch the whole screen like the header does. Any ideas guys?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum