View Full Version : Can anyone say why this is OK in Moz FF but not in IE ?

jeddi
12-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi,

I just can not see what I have done wrong :(

This is the page: customer service article (http://www.support-focus.com/customer-service-decline.php)

In Moz FF it looks fine, but in IE the columns are ignored and all the text is centered.

Any ideas how I can fix this ?

Excavator
12-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Hello jeddi,
Is it this unclosed span tag?

<br><br>
<span style = "font-size:12px; color:black;">
If you like these articles, feel free to use the <b>Ping This</b> or
the <b>SHARE</b> button and allow others to learn about our service.
The button works with all major sharing and bookmarking sites.
<span> </p>
</div>
<div class="center_column_nar" style="background-color:white;">
<br>
<h2>Customer Service: On the Decline?</h2>
<br>

That bit in red should look like </span> instead.

See the links about validation in my sig below. Although it found the messed up closing tag, I didn't recognize it as being the problem till I dug around in your code for a bit.

jeddi
12-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for pointing that out.

I have corrected that but I still have the same problem.

joda
12-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Ok.
So, for first you have some error's in your code like not closed tags. Please validate your site with w3C on this site : http://validator.w3.org/

The next step should be you update you IE because I try your link on IE8 and it's look like fine, same like in FF. but the error's don't disappear ;-)

Next, this is your code:

<div class="navbar" id="nav">
<ul>
<li><a style="color: darkblue; font-size:14px;"><b>Customer Service Articles</b></li>
</ul>
</div>

you didn't closed the A tag! here is the right code:

<div class="navbar" id="nav">
<ul>
<li><a style="color: darkblue; font-size:14px;"><b>Customer Service Articles</b></a></li>
</ul>
</div>

Why you use UL and LI tag for a simple text printout like for "Customer Service Articles" ? when you didn't used an unordered list.

If you wish to make a link for the text "Customer Service Articles" then close the A tag with </a> and delete the UL and LI tag, I think it unnecessary.

And here is how I would do and organize the header section:

<div style=" margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; width:780px; height:140px;">
<div style="width:780px; height:20px; background-color:#0000CC;"><font style="color:#FF0000; margin-left:300px;"><b>The top blue line goes here</b></font></div>
<div id="left_div" style="width:390px; height:100px; background-color:#990033; float:left;">
<div>Support-Focus.com</div>
<div>customer service</div>
<div>Providing the internets' best customer service.</div>
</div>
<div id="left_div" style="width:390px; height:100px; background-color:#996666; float:left;">
Here should go the logo
</div>
<div style="width:780px;height:20px; float:left; background-color:#0000CC;"><font style="color:#FF0000; margin-left:300px;"><b>The bottom blue line with the gray goes here</b></font></div>
</div>

Copy-paste this code to you DW in the body section, save and see what is happening...

If you need more help please feel free to contact me...

Excavator
12-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Thanks for pointing that out.

I have corrected that but I still have the same problem.

You corrected that one. There is another similar error you have not fixed yet. Like I said - See the links about validation in my sig below.

jeddi
12-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks for your help.

I have now validated every page and it works fine now :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum