View Full Version : Happy Holidays everyone!

WA
12-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Well it's that time of the year again! Happy Holidays everyone, and thanks for hanging out on CF the past year. I'd also like to thank Tagnu for his Christmas CF logo above, which if you don't see just refresh the page.

See ya all on the flip side.

Spookster
12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Bah humbug!

TheShaner
12-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Happy Holidays. Thanks, WA, for continuing to allow CF to even exist.

-Shane

Fumigator
12-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Same to you but more of it... I think my wife feels like it's her sole duty to recover the U.S. economy, with the shopping she's done this year! And a merry xmas to you.

Incidentally, "Xmas" is short for christmas. Just in case you didn't know. And the "X" is the greek letter "chi", which is the first letter of the greek word for Christ (Χριστός). It became popular to use "xmas" because people didn't want the word "christ" to become overused-- wanted to keep it for the sacred stuff.

Your nugget of info for the day.

Kor
12-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Well it's that time of the year again! Happy Holidays everyone, and thanks for hanging out on CF the past year. I'd also like to thank Tagnu for his Christmas CF logo above, which if you don't see just refresh the page.

See ya all on the flip side.
Thanks Chief! By the way, it happens that I am a web designer as well, thus you may use my services whenever you would like to :)

Marry Christmas, and A Happy New Year to all!

Millenia
12-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks, WA, for continuing to allow CF to even exist.

-Shane

+1. Merry xmas to all!

Spookster
12-24-2009, 05:04 AM
May all your stockings be filled with coal. :)

bazz
12-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Same to you but more of it... I think my wife feels like it's her sole duty to recover the U.S. economy, with the shopping she's done this year!

LOL :D Mine's the same but for Ireland! workin' well for someone; I'm sure.

Just in case you didn't know. And the "X" is the greek letter "chi", which is the first letter of the greek word for Christ (Χριστός). It became popular to use "xmas" because people didn't want the word "christ" to become overused-- wanted to keep it for the sacred stuff.

I'll take your word for that :) didn't know the Greek connection
but I did hear something on BBC TV tonight that struck me as funny... if only because it isn't considered PC. But it was funny.

Along the lines of........
A guys says "Jesus was English", and proof was supposed to be backed up by his question, "who were the first two people mentioned in the bible"? Yeh; Mary and Joseph said his mate, at which point his wife interjected and said "Joseph is a Jewish name". He responded with, "Yeh but he was English on his Father's side"!

Not PC I accept but I am sure a sense of humour was present way back then. After all, (for those who believe), he couldn't just have created 'man' but he must, also, have created man's sense of humour - even mine!

For those who don't see the funny side of that; please let me apologise profusely as I wouldn't want a simple person's weakness to overshadow the significance of Christmas. Nor would I want people to take offence when nothing offensive was intended.

(please feel free to respond if you are offended so I might learn from your own understanding).

May all your stockings be filled with coal. :)

LOL. why am I not surprised :) Happy Humbug to you too :D

Kor
12-24-2009, 02:34 PM
In fact Jesus was not born on the 25 of December. This date was celebrated, long before, by the Romans and the Goths as the winter solstice (even the solstice it is not on the 25th). The Christians simply "overwritten" this celebration. Father Christmas (or Santa Claus, or Mosh Craciun - in my language, Romanian) has clearly nothing to do with Jesus. Thus the non-Christians have no reason to be offended by the greeting "Merry Christmas!", have they?

Apostropartheid
12-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Well, you say that, but it's still an admittedly rather belated celebration of Christ's birth. I don't see why people take offence if they choose to live in the Christian world, in the same way that were I to live in Israel I'd be a fool to be offended if I were offered a happy chanukah.

Kor
12-24-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't see why people take offence if they choose to live in the Christian world, in the same way that were I to live in Israel I'd be a fool to be offended if I were offered a happy chanukah.
Nor do I see why people could take offence. In fact I think they don't, but the Political Correctness "priests" (which are Christians :rolleyes: ) presume they do...

I've spent my childhood between Jews, Muslims, Calvinists and Catholics (me being an Orthodox Christian, and we are the majority in Romania). We all were happy during the others feasts or holidays. I have easily learned to send good wishes to everybody, in their language or according to their habit, according to their celebrations. What's offensive in that?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum