View Full Version : CSS Easy question - Hopefully easy answer

12-14-2009, 08:31 PM
if you go to (removed)

and change the width of the page to something really narrow you'll notice that the image actually moves. I don't want the image to move!

I have a suspicion there is just one little adjustment I need to make, but what is it?

Any ideas?

(OR if it moves I'd like the orange line to move with it.

12-14-2009, 08:36 PM
The reason it's moving is because you set an absolute position. Remove position: absolute and all your coordinates and replace it with margins (using percentages, not pixels). Play around with it until you find something that looks like what you want.

12-14-2009, 09:26 PM
thanks for answering such a basic question. I've been trying to figure out that problem for a while now.

12-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Now if you look at the same page, you'll see there's about a 1 cm gap between the orange line and the slideshow, however, there is no such gap in my expression web viewer. i looked for anything that might be creating such a border for the slideshow but obviously haven't fixed the problem. any ideas?

12-15-2009, 07:57 PM
If you set a margin for the image, make sure you set margin-top: 0%

12-15-2009, 08:03 PM
<div id="show" class="slideshow">

I just have the above code in a table. I see no option to adjust the margins anywhere if i right click on the thing (see attachment)

12-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Get rid of display: block in <div id="slideshow-images">. That might work.