View Full Version : Playing a radio station on opening a page ?

Saz
12-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Just trying to get a particular radio station (it is available online), to play when a particular page opens up - before I attempt any more - is this possible ? If so, what coding please ?

Saz.

Rowsdower!
12-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Do you have a link to the actual audio stream? Not the online player, mind you, but the actual content stream - this can be difficult to determine.

If so, then all you need to do is place WMP (if you only care to have it work for IE) or a flash audio player (such as the JW FLV player from Longtail if you want cross-browser compatibility) in the page and feed it that link for the file source.

If you can be more specific about the question then I can be more specific about the answer...

Saz
12-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks, I have a link to the stream, and would prefer the Longtail, but, is that possible, without showing the video as well ?

Rowsdower!
12-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks, I have a link to the stream, and would prefer the Longtail, but, is that possible, without showing the video as well ?

Absolutely. Set the player height accordingly (I think it's 20 pixels, if memory serves). I haven't tooled with the longtail player for a while but there might even be an option to disable the video portion.

At the very least they DO have a setup wizard that you can use to get it looking how you want and you can test your stream setup there as well.

Take a look here:
http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player-setup-wizard?example=202

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum