View Full Version : Make Adbrite ads open in new window

ralfiegirl
12-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi,

I usually don't deal with Javascript, and have no idea whatsoever about it. :confused:

All I am trying to do is adjust my ad code from adbrite to make the ads (when clicked) open up in a new window rather than the current one, as this disrupts gameplay on my site. (I have a game site).

This is my ad code:

<!-- Begin: AdBrite, Generated: 2009-10-04 22:48:52 -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var AdBrite_Title_Color = '6728B2';
var AdBrite_Text_Color = 'E1771E';
var AdBrite_Background_Color = '000000';
var AdBrite_Border_Color = '000000';
var AdBrite_URL_Color = 'FFFFFF';
try{var AdBrite_Iframe=window.top!=window.self?2:1;var AdBrite_Referrer=document.referrer==''?document.location:document.referrer;AdBrite_Referrer=encodeUR IComponent(AdBrite_Referrer);}catch(e){var AdBrite_Iframe='';var AdBrite_Referrer='';}
</script>
<span style="white-space:nowrap;"><script type="text/javascript">document.write(String.fromCharCode(60,83,67,82,73,80,84));document.write(' src="http://ads.adbrite.com/mb/text_group.php?sid=1366148&zs=3436385f3630&ifr='+AdBrite_Iframe+'&ref='+AdBrite_Referrer+'" type="text/javascript">');document.write(String.fromCharCode(60,47,83,67,82,73,80,84,62));</script>
</span>
<!-- End: AdBrite -->

I've already checked, and it is not against Adbrite's TOS to do this, however they say they cannot help and you must figure it out yourself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Philip M
12-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Do please read the posting guidelines regarding silly thread titles. The thread title is supposed to help people who have a similar problem in future. Yours is useless for this purpose. You can (and should) edit it to make it more meaningful.

ralfiegirl
12-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Do please read the posting guidelines regarding silly thread titles. The thread title is supposed to help people who have a similar problem in future. Yours is useless for this purpose. You can (and should) edit it to make it more meaningful.

Thanks for that Philip, sorry it is my first time on this site. Were you able to help me with my problem at all?

Philip M
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for that Philip, sorry it is my first time on this site. Were you able to help me with my problem at all?

Sorry, no. I know nothing about Adbrite, except that ads will ruin your site and drive visitors away. If you Google you will find many adverse posts, with suggestions that Adbrite includes spyware and/or malware. You would do best to get rid of it.

See:- http://www.x-pose.org/blog/100/

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum