View Full Version : how to set height to html table????

user123
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi,

I used nested table.Inside one table cell <td> i used other table ...I want to set height of that table 100% to <td> which contains this table

Thanks .

abduraooft
12-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi,

I used nested table.Inside one table cell <td> i used other table ...I want to set height of that table 100% to <td> which contains this table

Thanks .
Oh...NO! Know why using tables for layout is very bad (http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/)!

user123
12-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Oh...NO! Know why using tables for layout is very bad (http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/)!

I know this .....but for my condition table layout is necessary ....actually I tried with this height property ,it works in IE and firefox...but google crome not recognize table height property.

abduraooft
12-08-2009, 11:02 AM
.but google crome not recognize table height property So what's your point in sticking with that? Nothing to wonder when a modern browser doesn't follow a deprecated rule.

user123
12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
So what's your point in sticking with that? Nothing to wonder when a modern browser doesn't follow a deprecated rule.

so is there any other solution for this...???
actually i want to do vertically partition of <TD> OR suppose <DIV > into 2 parts.
first part's height depends upon the contents .
and in second part ,I want to align text bottom of that second part.
how to do that??

Thanks in advance.

Rowsdower!
12-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I know this .....but for my condition table layout is necessary ....actually I tried with this height property ,it works in IE and firefox...but google crome not recognize table height property.

Your condition? Geez, I hope I never catch that disease... Table-itis Necrosis. :D

Anyway, if you're sticking with the garbage table layout method (not that there is anything wrong with that) then have you at least tried applying CSS height to the table? You could do it with "inline" CSS which looks like this:

<table style="height:100%;">

But at this point I'm only able to guess at what's in the page right now. Really, tell us what you have tried that isn't working so we don't end up walking in circles around this...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum