View Full Version : Does this look to kiddish?

04-16-2003, 02:43 AM
At http://www.activedesigner.com/devin/ I tried a diffrent look I am affraid it looks to kidish.

04-16-2003, 03:00 AM
looks like a skateboarding site. (don't ask me why)

You have soo much more room, why only use that much?

04-16-2003, 03:38 AM
Looks pretty unique to me...Keep goin'.:D

04-16-2003, 05:37 AM
Correction: Does the site look too kiddish?

It looks bad if you got spelling mistakes :p

04-16-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by mattover-matter
It looks bad if you got spelling mistakes :p
I hope your ironic sarcasm was on purpose....otherwise let's not be too quick to judge.

Also, it looks nice, originality is key. Who cares if it may look "kiddish," as long as it catches peoples eye. If they are convinced into coming back to your site then you have succeded. My only bone to pick is about your background color choice, the gray just makes things to monotonous I feel. I dunno, maybe if you stretched out your content area a little more and covered up some of the background it would look better. You may still experiment with different color choices though!

04-16-2003, 07:20 AM
I think it looks pretty good! Cept the colors. I dont really like orange and blue mixed, but thats just my opinion! I agree w/ pardicity3 about the background also. Other than that i think it looks great! Nice font!:thumbsup:

04-16-2003, 09:57 AM
If your going to make the navigation links in italics, you should make them a tad bigger so its a little easier to read.

I do like it though, cept' perhaps bringing the whole table up more as to rid the scrollbar when its not needed (800X600)

04-16-2003, 10:53 AM
"Correction: Does the site look too kiddish?" - we all know what he meant... that seemed to be another completely unnessercary post

back to the subject though: i think it looks great, nice style. as has been said, perhaps make the menu text bigger, and the copyright text smaller... maybe lighten up the gray (sp?!) abit? that'll give it more "space"... should be good :) i like the rounded edges and things...

04-16-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm afraid you're going to run into problems with such a dark background; in any case, it dictates any content to be light which may be fairly limiting in the long run.
Also, your code contains a lot of deprecated attributes where really CSS should be applied, at least if you want to come across as a serious, standards-aware web designer... :thumbsup:
I realise this is probably still a design tryout, but why not get it right straight away?

04-16-2003, 01:40 PM
i kinda like the big copyright. *shrug*

i whip up pages with some pretty nasty code
( thats flawless to IE, lol :rolleyes: ) i guess its just faster.

04-16-2003, 06:55 PM
I actually like the color scheme; it works. And does not look to/too kiddish.

Although I think you should take advantage of the space and stretch it out horizontally.

And maybe the 'Home, Services, Portfolio, Contact' font size could be a tad larger (just my opinion)

Impressive :thumbsup:

04-16-2003, 07:44 PM
I like the look, but it looks awfully lonely when viewed at 1280 by 1024.

04-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I think you need some onmouseover effects.

04-16-2003, 09:07 PM
maybe u should do something about the gray lines. maybe they should be black and thin? and try see how it looks with a white background instead of gray.

doesn't matter if it's kiddish (i don't really think it is anyway). it's cute:D i like it. (and i like blue and orange;)).

04-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by pardicity3
... as long as it catches peoples eye....
:D :D Nothing catches peoples eye like ugliness .... :D :D

04-16-2003, 10:31 PM
which catches your eye?

Hope this helps

04-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Hmmmm, wonder if I should just post anything to increase my post's quota as well :rolleyes:

Oh wait, just did.

04-17-2003, 09:14 AM
that seemed to be another completely unnessercary postYet another :rolleyes:

I think it's cool, every designer needs to have their "unique" style or similar.:thumbsup:

04-17-2003, 05:15 PM
I finished up the home page how does it look now???

04-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Liked it before.

Like it now.

04-17-2003, 10:38 PM
nice :)
got ur own style now ;)

ps. just a little something... the whole thing's an image? that wouldn't really matter i guess, but it's just kinda annoying when IE 6's image menu pops up. my own personal thing... don't bother about it :)

04-17-2003, 10:41 PM
just noticed.... HTML isn't really programming. i would change that to 'coding'. (on your services page).
also maybe u should pay a little more attention to the grammar and sentence structure on the thickandthin case. it isn't a very impressive read.

a quick edit:

Our Process:
Firstly we made a price quote based on our customer's basic requirements. We then gathered all the information that we needed from them, and made them a quick sample of what they wanted. They agreed on the sample, and in around a week we had their site ready.

well you could make that a lot better too.

04-17-2003, 10:48 PM
To get rid of that stupid IE toolbar just plug this into your head:

<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" />

<edit>Wheeps, just noticed that this same tip was posted in your other thread. Oh well, just trying to pound it into your head I suppose :)</edit>