View Full Version : Design Opinions - Web design

Crispy
12-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Hey guys,

This is for my new design company website, I would love your opinions. I'm trying to rank well in SEO for the term wrexham Web design, Chester web design and manchester web design. I would love your suggestions & advice on how I can tailor it to rank better and make it more user friendly.

(By the way I uploaded the wrong version, the red in footer WILL be changed)

Thanks

Here it is:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/607/fier22.jpg

Apostropartheid
12-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Ah, but it is gorgeous!

I don't think a laptop suits the page, though. It's tacky, and the arrows imply the entire header is going to move, instead of what's on the screen. Change either of those and you might have something good there.

I think the footer is rather sparsely populated compared to the rest of the page. Maybe stick another column in there with a copyright notice or something?

You might want to play with a very soft vignette effect around the edges. Maybe it won't work, but it's worth a fiddle.

Apostropartheid
12-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Moved to appropriate forum.

Crispy
12-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the advice, if you'de like to check out where we ended up it's here: www.fier.co.uk

PappaJohn
12-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Your 'contact' link is not in the top menu bar with the rest - it's showing up on the next line - in the red area. (FF, IE, Opera, Chrome, Safari)

Apostropartheid
12-11-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't think your quotation box should run to the edge of the page. It looks weird. Keep it enclosed.

I like the new laptop thing, but I see a blue underline on the text for some reason (Chrome Beta)

The other thing is that you haven't put an indicator as to what tab you're on. I know it's obvious, but it looks odd.

sparkbox
12-25-2009, 12:26 AM
I don't think your quotation box should run to the edge of the page. It looks weird. Keep it enclosed.

i disagree, if you was to create a black feathered effect and mke it look like it was wrapping around the back it would look very cool

onejab
01-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Nice. It'll look better if the site has darker colors. imo.

sparkbox
01-04-2010, 12:10 PM
maybe a deeper red but other than that i think the colors are spot on

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum