View Full Version : DTMF tone recognition

brothercake
04-15-2003, 11:20 PM
How could I connect a phone to a computer then build a (web)? application that recognises DTMF tones and displays what number you pressed, then sends an audio signal down the phone in response.

Is this possible through Active X and COM, or is this a computer programming question?

Quiet Storm
04-16-2003, 03:14 AM
I *might* know the answer to this... could you explain a bit more about this idea? :)

pardicity3
04-16-2003, 05:56 AM
I know it can be done through other forms of programming, but I am not quite sure about Active X and COM. I remember reading a story once where a guy made a program that would page him whenever something happened to his computer...it was quite the good story. :)

thox
04-16-2003, 05:31 PM
i was at a inventions show in Birmingham a few of years back... had a nice system where the house alarm was connected to his PC so that he could disable / enable his house alarm remotely (with a text message) and he would also be notified when and what kind of intrusion he had.

now *that* is cool <g>

sorry for not actually being able to answer the question though! he he.

brothercake
04-16-2003, 05:51 PM
It was for a client who's doing research into how people feel about paying bills over the phone - likes, dislikes and so on; he wanted to simulate a call center response ... but after discussion we decided the easiest thing for demo purposes would be a person at the other end of the phone ;)

thanks for the responses though.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum