View Full Version : What should I do to make it work?

04-15-2003, 09:32 AM
hello :) I am trying to run a mini post office on my website (it sounds useless rite?) but I have almost no coding skill need for doing so. Can anyone please help me or show me what to do? This is the link to my "post office": http://www.geocities.com/lemonpichu/post_office.html

Thank you very much! Thank you!

Thank you for all the comments...
Still, does it mean I shouldn't even think about it now? My purpose of it was just to let people send e-mails with backgrounds of my own design - not to spam. So ya... should I keep trying?

04-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Well, I'm not quite sure of the purpose of that form/script...other to grab email addresses for spamming. :rolleyes:

04-15-2003, 06:48 PM
You'll need to use some server side coding to take the information and email it. And you'll need to have email support on your host and I don't think geocities has it.

04-15-2003, 06:49 PM
well... you'll need a server that supports a server side language such as PHP in order to send emails and everything... ie: not geocities or any other free host... so i mean you will have to pay some money :)

then... you just pass the variables along through the form to a page which processes them and sends them off to the defined email address.

enjoy :)

edit: beaten again...