04-14-2003, 11:53 PM
Okay... It's finally finished http://www.thickandthinpizza.com/ I made some changes to it and finished the whole site. If you have any comments (good or bad) please post here. Thanks from all the help you people have given to me.
04-15-2003, 12:02 AM
on the Application page, the Submit and Reset buttons seem kind of out of place. they ought to be under the textarea.
otherwise it's fine i think:)
04-15-2003, 12:03 AM
Looks Great :thumbsup:
I remember the old design, and this new one is a great improvement! ;)
04-15-2003, 12:23 AM
well, I changed my mind. It looks cool after viewing deeper into the page. The only problem is...I live 2305.1 miles away, that is like a 37 hour drive :mad:
04-15-2003, 01:26 AM
Very nice, and like others have said, nice improvement over the original. The only thing I have found to my dislike so far is on your menu page. The prices are centered. I always prefer to have columns in tables aligned either to the right or left. It is just easier to read that way, otherwise very good...though I am not done looking at it yet and may notice so more stuff :D
Of course I noticed something else right after posting this. I just noticed that your navigation is in flash. It looks nice and most likely is a smaller file size than if you had used images, but what if a user doesn't have flash? Maybe it would be nice to provide a small text-based navigation at the bottom of each page. I don't know, maybe a centered block of text that looks like this:
Home | Menu | Application | etc....
04-15-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by pardicity3
but what if a user doesn't have flash?
With me being one of them.... I'll never install 3rd party software onto the box I'm using right now... but if I was using windows, I'd be using flash. Text navigation will do me fine :)
04-15-2003, 06:23 AM
On this computer the header image and flash navigation are a different color green background than the document background.
04-15-2003, 09:53 AM
You want my critique? You got it.
** HOME **
1) Website is not hyphenated (i.e. "web-site").
2) I would change the drawn-in-MS-Paint chef with something a little less ghetto.
3) I would center the text in the menu items (i.e. Menu, Application, Directions, etc.).
4) I would lowercase the word "TAX", and add a CSS "padding:3px;" for a nice looking spacer.
5) In the text "... see our menu contact us...", it should be "...see our menu, contact us..."
6) The text "...have fun, and thank you..." should not have a comma, grammatically.
7) "...and thank you for the people who come to Thick and Thin pizza, enjoy." seems to be worded strangely. I would suggest "...and we want to say thank you to the people who come to Thick and Thin pizza. Enjoy!"
8) Don't use Flash for the menus. First of all, it's unnecessary, secondly, it's irritating how the links open new windows.
** MENU **
1) Spelling: "Vegetarian"
2) Spelling: "Available"
3) In "Baked Calzone", spelling: "Pepperoni"
4) "The Above also served with Tomato Sauce" would sound better as "Above items served with tomato sauce".
5) I'd remove the word "Above" from "Above dinners served..." in all cases.
** REVIEWS **
1) I would rewrite the reviews to correct spelling and grammar issues.
June 10, 2002
I went to Thick & Thin once and I loved it!!!! Now I go back every week. Aside from the pizza, I liked the Seafood Platter.
April 10, 2002
I have eaten there once a week for the past year, and they have the best pizza. Another one of my favorites is the Chicken Francese. Yum, yum!!
January 25, 2002
This restaurant has one of the BEST New York style pizzas here in Boca. The ambience is your typical family-style pizzaria. You need to get there early for dinner, or else you will end up waiting because their seats are VERY limited! Service is typically okay to good. That's okay because my family and I really go for the Pizzas! Yummy...
Once these are fixed, I'd say you've got a pretty decent website going here. Even if you don't change the cosmetic stuff (the menu, the chef), make it a point to fix the spelling and grammar. You have no idea how bad it looks to have incorrect spelling and grammar on a company website...
Note that for the reviews, the bold text is spelling/word corrections. The red text is grammar.
Hope this helps!
04-15-2003, 02:12 PM
On the menu page, shouldn't "Entry" be entrée or entree?
04-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Well about the logo......... that is the company logo, so I had to put that but the red otline I had to becase before it didnt have an outline.... the following is scanned.... I dont know what to do with it, I need a better logo i guess this is what i have......
04-26-2003, 06:20 PM
actually its spelled "pizzeria"
04-27-2003, 09:50 PM
I think that the page look very nice and to not cluttered!