View Full Version : Resolved IE 6/7 CSS display issues - not sure how to fix

moss2076
11-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Hello,

I am having trouble fixing an IE 6/7 displayi issue. I am using Joomla and my article headings (h2's) vanish just after the page has loaded. I have a "rounded-corner" effect to display certain articlees.

IE8 and FireFox seem ok, but as usual, IE 6/7 is giving me grief and I can't fix it. The article heading is "GK TEST 1", but it vanishes.

http://www.tomsspecialreserve.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49:gk-test-1&catid=34:toms1sttestcategory&Itemid=61
Can anyone shed any light? The article heading is in a H2, and as it is linkable from the front page has a "a" tag also. I have set the H2 backround image to "none" otherwise it picks up the bottom-left rounded corner image.

Excavator
11-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Hello moss2076,
Just scrolling down through your markup and it reminds me of tables.
<div class="page tomroundedcontentsuffix">
<div><div><div>

<p class="articleinfo">
<span class="modifydate">
Last Upd

Are all those un-named and un-styled divs really needed? (http://www.tyssendesign.com.au/articles/faqs/what-is-divitis/)

Try this to get it to work in IE7 (not sure if that helps in IE6) -

.tomroundedcontentsuffix a {
/*background-image:none;*/
color:#901A1F;
margin: 10px 0px 0px 0px;
padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;
}

moss2076
11-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Hello moss2076,
Just scrolling down through your markup and it reminds me of tables.[CODE]<div class="page tomroundedcontentsuffix">
<div><div><div>

It is Joomla which puts the <div><div><div> in the code -

<div class="page<?php echo $this->params->get('pageclass_sfx')?>">
<?php if($this->params->get('pageclass_sfx') == " tomroundedcontentsuffix") { ?>
<div><div><div>
<?php } ?>

. I've tried removing the /*background-image:none;*/ also, but then the heading picks up the bottom left background image.

moss2076
11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Update -

I think I have fixed the display issue.

I altered the four rounded divs CSS code from -

.tomroundedcontentsuffix to
div.tomroundedcontentsuffix.

Then I removed the background-image:none from the H2 and A tags, and it seems to be ok now in both IE7 and IE6.

Wierd, but it seems ok now :rolleyes:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum