View Full Version : Need help with forums...

thepriceoflust
11-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Look at this page... http://www.thepriceoflust.com/forums.html ... All of a sudden this page became condensed like this... Everything is smashed over to the left side... It's like the margins are way off or something... Can anyone please help me with this... Could this be do to changing the permissions of files? Thanks for all your help...

Excavator
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Goodmorning thepriceoflust,
Figure I should definitely answer this since I caused it :o

Remember your other post where you were having trouble with .photo and I suggested adding styling for .photo or changing the grouping of an existing selector you were already using?
Adding the new one was the right solution.
When you changed this #wide-column .additional-photos .photo by adding the commas, you make #wide-column 73px wide.

Change it back to this -
#wide-column .additional-photos .photo {
float: left;
display: block;
width: 73px;
padding: 10px;
}

oesxyl
11-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Look at this page... http://www.thepriceoflust.com/forums.html ... All of a sudden this page became condensed like this... Everything is smashed over to the left side... It's like the margins are way off or something... Can anyone please help me with this... Could this be do to changing the permissions of files? Thanks for all your help...
in style.css at line 466, wide-column is not "wide", width is only 73px but must be over 680px. :)

you excavate me, :)
best regards

thepriceoflust
11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
how the hell do you know how to do all this.... I mean were the heck did you learn this stuff... Freakin amazing... I have been trying to learn this stuff on my own but I just can't seem to understand the basic concepts... This is my first website and I am trying to learn using this site as a tool...

thepriceoflust
11-20-2009, 06:01 PM
all i need help with now is the chat rooms... I dont think that is a styling error though...

Excavator
11-20-2009, 06:03 PM
how the hell do you know how to do all this.... I mean were the heck did you learn this stuff... Freakin amazing... I have been trying to learn this stuff on my own but I just can't seem to understand the basic concepts... This is my first website and I am trying to learn using this site as a tool...

The biggest single help, besides what you can learn from the members of this forum, is the FireFox plugin called FireBug.

Get it at http://getfirebug.com/

There is a very short learning curve and, once you figure it out, you'll wonder how you ever did anything without it.

oesxyl
11-20-2009, 06:16 PM
don't believe Excavator, we ar genius that's all, :) ... and we have firebugs, :)

best regards

Excavator
11-20-2009, 06:26 PM
don't believe Excavator, we ar genius that's all, :) ...

You're right of course :thumbsup:

thepriceoflust
11-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Well which one of you wants to be my site programer/tech support... It will involve you fixing small things like what you just did... I will cut you into the monthly profits of the site...

drhowarddrfine
11-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Define profits.

Excavator
11-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Well which one of you wants to be my site programer/tech support... It will involve you fixing small things like what you just did... I will cut you into the monthly profits of the site...

I can't say I'd always be available. My free time is very unpredictable. oesxyl would be your better choice, if he's willing.

thepriceoflust
11-20-2009, 08:04 PM
5% per month

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum