View Full Version : phootoshop web design question

newtocode
11-18-2009, 07:09 AM
I want know if mockup web site in photoshop cs4 is good way to sart web design . I been design site from basic coding programe like dreamweaver for about 8 years but now see people use photo to design site than code it in photoshop is this best way do it or is more work than normal.

OGGordon
11-18-2009, 11:09 PM
not sure what you really meant but photoshop definitely is a neat tool to design websites.

newtocode
11-19-2009, 04:24 AM
I said would it be wast of my time to mock up a web site in photoshop instead of just writing the code scratch in dreamweaver.

Kor
11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
I said would it be wast of my time to mock up a web site in photoshop instead of just writing the code scratch in dreamweaver.
Each tool has his own purpose. Photoshop is a great graphic tool, Dreamweaver is a great web editing tool. I really don't understand what do you mean by "mock up a web site in photoshop". Photoshop creates, changes and handles images, pictures, icons... and it does that brilliantly. I doubt you can use Photoshop for web coding, but if CS4 claims that, forget about it. If a tools claims to solve too many different aims you can bet it will do that poorly for most of them. See MS Word who claims to be a web editor as well... Pathetic claim :)

You use a spoon to eat the soup, a knife to cut the meat and a fork to eat that meat. I guess you would not like to switch them. Probably it is possible to cut and eat the meat with a spoon only, but I guess you won't like it, will you? :)

Make your design with Photoshop and do editing the HTML document with Dreamweaver. That's the professional way so far.

It looks like you don't know how a web page is to be done, from the graphical concept till the finite product, do you?

discoboomer
11-21-2009, 06:00 AM
It is a great tool for web design. I usually design my sites with photoshop first, then slice it up and use dreamweaver to add in content after exporting the slices.

Deacon Frost
11-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Adobe Fireworks is said to be a great tool. It's a lot like Photoshop, but it's geared towards web developers. Might wanna check that out if you're interested.

With Photoshop, what I usually do is make the entire site, then splice the images, and code the css/html document myself. So yeah, it is effective.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum