View Full Version : Tried Everything - Lining Up Rows

yannay
11-11-2009, 01:13 PM
I have tried aroung ten different methods but I just cant get 3 different units to fit under one another. I have adding and removing divs, changing widths and the image size, can anyone advise me please?

http://www.cornertvunits.co.uk/whichcornertvunit

abduraooft
11-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I just cant get 3 different units to fit under one another
Remove unnecessary floats from

.whichblockleft {/*style.css (line 142)*/
/*float:left;*/
font-family:arial,verdana,arial;
font-size:12px;
width:35%;
}
.whichblockright {/*style.css (line 150)*/
/*float:right;*/
padding-top:8px;
width:64%;
}

PS: Suffering from divitis (http://csscreator.com/divitis)?

yannay
11-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks mate, I tried removing the floats but it just pushing the right cell underneath the left (image).

I am trying to put two cells next to one another in container and then put the another container right underneath. But the container about sucks in the container from below.

abduraooft
11-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I am trying to put two cells next to one another in container and then put the another container right underneath. But the container about sucks in the container from below. Sorry, it's still not clear. How do classify a "cell" - one image and the text underneath it?

yannay
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
What Im trying to do is to have a large cell (or box) inside that cell are two cells next one another. One containing an image and to the right of that a cell containg text in relation to that image.

abduraooft
11-11-2009, 03:18 PM
My question is, where would you like to place that heading and text - below/right of the images?

yannay
11-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi,

The text goes to the right of the image.

For some reason the second television pushes upto into this box.

Regards,

Gareth

bazz
11-11-2009, 03:26 PM
I would make each TV and text sit in one div which should be the width of the container/page.
Inside those divs, I would make the image src code show first and I would float the image left. The text should then move up to the right of the TV.

YOu need also to be sure that you have given each div a class - rather than classs

hth

bazz

yannay
11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks,

How do I do that?

abduraooft
11-11-2009, 03:38 PM
You need also to be sure that you have given each div a class - rather than classs After fixing that, try

.whichblock {/*style.css (line 132)*/
clear:both;
margin-top:8px;
width:98%;
}
.whichblockright {/*style.css (line 148)*/
/*float:right;*/
margin-left:45%;