View Full Version : dupilcate layouts render different size

erikm
11-05-2009, 09:55 PM
I am sooooo annoyed with this!

www.toolboxstrategies.com/test/brauer

Pages: Home, Communities & The Brauer Way are perfect but pages Our Region and Contact seem to be shifting to the left!

How can that be when my header, body and footer all have a width of 940px and auto left and right margins?

Tried to fix this for HOURS but I can't figure out what is causing it!

Thank you!!!!!!

joda
11-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry but I can't see any problem on your site... :-(
Can you explain a bit more what is the problem...

Excavator
11-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Hello erikm,
I see the problem here... can't figure out what's causing it though.

erikm
11-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Ya at first I thought the main column was enlarging but it appears to be shifting slightly to the left.

Looks like I will be pulling my hair out all day tomorrow at work!

Thanks in advance for anyone that may have an answer :)

Moderator could you please change the thread subject to: "duplicate layouts shifting left" or something like that.

Scriptet
11-06-2009, 02:08 AM
What's more annoying is i can't re-create the problem, tried FF IE6,7,8, all appearing the same? Windows XP 1024x768 res?

Anyhow I notice you are using different stylesheets for each page, probably not needed as 75% of the page will use the same CSS.

erikm
11-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Anyone else have any idea what I've done wrong??

erikm
11-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I have just done some quick research and it appears that because the vertical scroll bar is appearing, it is shifting everything to the left for the two pages 'Our Region' & 'Contact'

Any fixes for this?

SB65
11-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I can't see the problem either...

...but the pages on which you report a problem with are longer than the other pages. On a large screen resolution it's possible that the Home page etc don't have scrollbars, but the longer ones do.. Hence Our region and Contact Us have scrollbars, making the pages appear to move to the left somewhat.

From which I deduce that both you and Excavator have high res monitors, whereas scriptet and joda don't...

EDIT:Ah you got there a couple of minutes earlier.

Try adding:

html,body{height:100.1%}

to your css.

erikm
11-06-2009, 02:23 PM
I do indeed run 1920 x 1200 resolution and the vertical scrollbar is what is causing my problem.

Thanks!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum