View Full Version : smooth anchor scrolling?

fabian9931
11-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Hello and this is my first post. sorry if i am on the wrong location. there is this site that has a real nice smooth scroll which is www.webdots.in I was curious to how to add that smooth scroll since I am building a one page web site. not only that but towards the end of the smooth scrolling it actually slows down nicely. Thanks in advanced

WA
11-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Try something like Scrolling HTML Bookmarks (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/bookmarkscroll.htm).

fabian9931
11-06-2009, 08:18 AM
thanks man! works great

fabian9931
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Try something like Scrolling HTML Bookmarks (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/bookmarkscroll.htm).

Hey, how are things? I tried this and it works great at my home pc and any pc with internet explorer 8, but at work we have IE7 and it scrolls smooth but then right when it gets to where its supposed to anchor to, it jerks and moves to far down. see here, www.avamariestudios.com/homegoodonetest.html
working links are about, photography (candid, engagement) and thats it, other links not active yet.

WA
11-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Hmm there's most likely something within your layout that's causing this, as the script works on other pages fine for me in IE7. What happens if you edit the following code inside the .js file:

if ($bookmark.length==1 && !document.all || document.all && window.XMLHttpRequest) //non IE, or IE7+
$bookmark.html('.').css({position:'absolute', fontSize:1, visibility:'hidden'})

by removing the part in red above?

fabian9931
11-11-2009, 04:26 AM
Hmm there's most likely something within your layout that's causing this, as the script works on other pages fine for me in IE7. What happens if you edit the following code inside the .js file:

if ($bookmark.length==1 && !document.all || document.all && window.XMLHttpRequest) //non IE, or IE7+
$bookmark.html('.').css({position:'absolute', fontSize:1, visibility:'hidden'})

by removing the part in red above?

Hey, Thanks alot!:thumbsup: that worked.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum