View Full Version : Resolved Registration problem

greens85
11-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi,

I'm having problems with the process end of a registration script... I have done this many times & really don't understand why it's returning a blank screen and not adding a record to the database. The process code is:

<?php
include ("dbconnection.php");
$uname = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['uname']);
$upass = md5($_POST['upass']);

if(isset($submit2))
{

$checkuser = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM jobseekers WHERE uname = \"$uname\"");
$username_exist = mysql_num_rows($checkuser);

if($username_exist > 0)
{
$error = 'This email address is currently in use. Please choose another email address';
echo ("Sorry this email address is already in our database, please use your browsers back button.");
exit();
}
else
{

$EXday = date('d', mktime(0,0,0,0, date(d) + 0, 0));
$EXmonth = date('m', mktime(0,0,0, date(m), date(d) + 0, 0));
$EXyear = date('Y', mktime(0,0,0,date(m) ,date(d) + 0, date(Y)));

$q1 = "insert into jobseekers set
regdate = \"$EXmonth/$EXday/$EXyear\",
uname = \"$uname\",
upass = \"$upass\",
title = \"$mtitle\",
lname = \"$lname\",
fname = \"$fname\",
address = \"$address\",
zip = \"$zip\",
country = \"$country\",
categories = \"$categories\",
experience = \"$experience\",
phone = \"$phone\"";

$r1 = mysql_query($q1) or die('error');

$q2 = "select * from jobseekers where uname = \"$uname\" ";
$r2 = mysql_query($q2) or die(mysql_error(Error5));
$a2 = mysql_fetch_array($r2);

$q4 = "insert into resumes set
jobseekerid = \"$a2[jobseekerid]\"";

$r4 = mysql_query($q4) or die('error');

echo "Registration success";
}
}
?>

I have checked the credentials in the dbconnection.php file and they are 100% correct. Can anyone see what I may be overlooking? :confused:

Many thanks,

Greens85

Phil Jackson
11-03-2009, 12:33 PM
$q1 = "INSERT INTO `jobseekers` (regdate, uname, upass, title, lname, fname, address, zip, country, categories, experience, phone) VALUES ('$EXmonth/$EXday/$EXyear', '$uname', '$upass', '$mtitle', '$lname', '$fname', '$address', '$zip', '$country', '$categories', '$experience', '$phone')";

$r1 = mysql_query($q1) or die('error' . mysql_error());

greens85
11-03-2009, 12:58 PM
$q1 = "INSERT INTO `jobseekers` (regdate, uname, upass, title, lname, fname, address, zip, country, categories, experience, phone) VALUES ('$EXmonth/$EXday/$EXyear', '$uname', '$upass', '$mtitle', '$lname', '$fname', '$address', '$zip', '$country', '$categories', '$experience', '$phone')";

$r1 = mysql_query($q1) or die('error' . mysql_error());

Hi Phil,

I've made the amends as you mentioned but the problem is still the same... a white screen is returned & no records are added to the database!

CFMaBiSmAd
11-03-2009, 01:18 PM
The posted code is dependent on $submit2 being set to do anything. Where in that code are you setting $submit2 to a value?

Phil Jackson
11-03-2009, 01:21 PM
$q4 = "INSERT INTO `resumes` (jobseekerid) VALUES ('$a2[jobseekerid]')";

greens85
11-03-2009, 01:21 PM
The posted code is dependent on $submit2 being set to do anything. Where in that code are you setting $submit2 to a value?

submit2 is the name of the button used to submit the form... I was assuming that particular line would just check to make sure submit2 had been hit... or do I actually need to post the value like:

$submit2 = $_POST['submit2'];

?

Phil Jackson
11-03-2009, 01:22 PM

also i can not see this error in your code

no records are added to the database

greens85
11-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the reply guys.... CFM appears to have been correct. It was because I wasnt actually posting the value of the submit button. Adding the line has now got the script to work!

Many thanks for your replies!

Much appreciated

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum