View Full Version : Resizing browser window

KevinBoland
10-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Hello,

Basically, I'm trying to create a "Coming soon page" for my upcoming forum.

I have the image on the page, it's resoloution is "1024px 768px"

I used <script>
window.resizeTo(1024, 768);
</script>

to try and make the image appear in the whole of the browser window, but when the site loads, it's not centred and there is still white at the top?

It might be easier to show you the problem: the site is "www.leet.ie"

Thank you,

Kevin

oesxyl
10-28-2009, 02:33 AM
Hello,

Basically, I'm trying to create a "Coming soon page" for my upcoming forum.

I have the image on the page, it's resoloution is "1024px 768px"

I used <script>
window.resizeTo(1024, 768);
</script>

to try and make the image appear in the whole of the browser window, but when the site loads, it's not centred and there is still white at the top?

It might be easier to show you the problem: the site is "www.leet.ie"

Thank you,

Kevin
what you want is not possible and is very annoying. More than that users who visit your site will avoid to visit you second time.

best regards

KevinBoland
10-28-2009, 02:34 AM
what you want is not possible and is very annoying. More than that users who visit your site will avoid to visit you second time.

best regards

okay, so it's not possible?

Is it possible to resize the image to the size of there browser and if so, could someone please provide me with the code needed to do so

VIPStephan
10-28-2009, 02:40 AM
Well, you will have to write up a proper HTML document for this to work. This includes a doctype (http://www.alistapart.com/articles/doctype/) in the beginning and some CSS to change the page background color and center the image (http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/absolute-center-vertical-horizontal-an-image/).

oesxyl
10-28-2009, 02:40 AM
okay, so it's not possible?
no. In the browser configuration, look in ffox for example, are some checkbox to avoid this.

Is it possible to resize the image to the size of there browser and if so, could someone please provide me with the code needed to do so
I don't!

best regards

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum