View Full Version : cant get my input fields' text to be valign centered

icydash
10-27-2009, 06:17 AM
hey guys, so i have a form, with a field:

<input type=text id="email" name="email" value=" Email address" tabindex=1 style="height: 23px; width: 240px; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color:#91C2DA; border-width:3; border-color: #91C2DA; border-style:solid; background-color: #C9E5FD; vertical-align: middle">

And for whatever reason, all the characteristics work Except the vertical-align for the text. I've tried all different modifications, but none seem to work. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Thanks!

technica
10-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Even i want to know the answer for this :(

abduraooft
10-27-2009, 08:25 AM
How about

<style type="text/css">

#email{
padding:5px 0;
/*height: 23px;
vertical-align: middle
*/
width: 240px; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px;
font-weight: bold;
color:#91C2DA;
border:3px solid #91C2DA
background-color: #C9E5FD;
}
</style>

<input type="text" id="email" name="email" value="Email_address" >?

PS: You may find it hard to get the submitted values from an input element having blank spaces in the name attribute value.

icydash
10-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Ok great thanks I will give this a try later and let you know how it goes :) -- unfortunately I don't have any free time until tonight.

Thanks for the PS comment, that's definitely good to note-- but I don't think I have any spaces in the name/id values in my original post, just the value field?

abduraooft
10-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the PS comment, that's definitely good to note-- but I don't think I have any spaces in the name/id values in my original post, just the value field?
Sorry, it's my mistake :o

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum