View Full Version : Resolved gonna cry...

Phil Jackson
10-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Cant believe i've godda ask this but can someone see something my tiered eyes can't.

$linkFromRoot = mysql_real_escape_string($linkFromRoot);
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `pageUpdates` ('table_name') VALUES ('$linkFromRoot')") or die(mysql_error());

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''table_name') VALUES ('public_html/about-us-the-mobile-makeover.php')' at line 1

no matter seen it as i posted it

mlseim
10-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Just a stab without testing ...

Did you try this:

mysql_query("INSERT INTO pageUpdates (table_name) VALUES ('$linkFromRoot')") or die(mysql_error());

met
10-19-2009, 08:57 PM
$query = mysql_query("INSERT INTO `pageUpdates` VALUES ('$linkFromRoot')") or die(mysql_error());

mlseim
10-19-2009, 09:03 PM
I also questioned if this (table_name) was part of an example that got copy/pasted,
and maybe should not be there. Not sure if he changed that name for the post or not.
Sometimes people change table names when they post on here, thinking we'll hack it or something.

Phil Jackson
10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
no matter seen it as i posted it

yup that is correct

Phil Jackson
10-19-2009, 09:29 PM
hehe no table_name is an actual row, a hash made up of numerous elements.

bazz
10-19-2009, 09:30 PM
please mark this thread as resolved then so it shows in the index that is is finished with and then we don't need to click on it for no reason.

bazz

Phil Jackson
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
:-( sorry

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum